DroidX latest update completely changed my phone?

MisterCrispy

Reaction score
After I install the .602 sbf, do I then get the OTA .605 update? Then what, install Titanium backup so that I can restore everything?

If I don't back up the data along with the apps, won't all my data (contacts, etc) be lost?

clueless77

Reaction score
You can take the update or not, I usually do, then you have to get rooted again and petesmotorolaoneclike method works great, ( go to droidmodderx.com) there's an instructional video on it, then you can run titanium back up and no your contacts should be synced with Google. The only gapps you should have backed up were gapps you installed, no system apps at all, the only data that is lost is user names and passwords and home screen setups

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Beka27

Reaction score
I only do app and data for apps where i have stuff saved (like games).

kevinkar

Reaction score
Well I've had GB for about 12 hours now and I'm very impressed. It seems very fast. I have a couple of questions for you guys!!!
1. Seven home screens. Can I cut it to 3?
2. On the dock at night, I dim the screen but the hard buttons stay lite full brightness. It didn't do that on Froyo.
3. Can I set different notification settings for when its docked at night? I'd like for it not to flash or make noise while sleeping but still ring for any calls.
1) No. Just scroll left once or right once. That's the same thing, right?
2) No, that's a Gingerbread issue. Who knows why. Some developer thought full brightness was good. Lame.
3) Can you put it in full silent mode before placing it in the dock? (Settings, Sound, Silent Mode)? You can make a shortcut on the home screen to do that (Long press home screen, Shortcuts, Settings, Sound Settings) and just check/uncheck it when needed. Though you could also select Dock Settings where there's an Audio setting but I'm not docked at the moment and don't remember what's configurable.

kooshie

Reaction score
Try sound manager from the market, you can set what notifications you want & what time to make the adjustments the it will do out automatically.

SupraRZ95

Reaction score
The app lightflow has the option of disabling notification lights during charge.