DroidX latest update completely changed my phone?

Wolvee

Reaction score
I have been reading on the Droid forums and from what I can tell the latest Update was just a small update. I put it off for the a few days hitting the ignore button because I was worried about loosing my superuser and then last night I reluctantly installed the update. Everything looks different, the phones UI is beautiful for lack of a better word. The call screen is the biggest difference. With the latest update what changes have you noticed?

Thanks

I just made a video of the phones changes and will post it in a few.

OP
Wolvee

Wolvee

Reaction score
[video=youtube;wQzQwWjW1As]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQzQwWjW1As[/video]

I have since realized it is the 2.3.3 Gingerbread update. Was GB already on the DroidX before now?

Last edited:

leftspin

Reaction score
[video=youtube;wQzQwWjW1As]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQzQwWjW1As[/video]

I have since realized it is the 2.3.3 Gingerbread update. Was GB already on the DroidX before now?

GB has been on the X for a while. It can be rooted and ROM'd and all that other good stuff, I'll give you some links if you're interested

Sbeck

Reaction score
I want all the info u have on going to GB and one click rooting. Im running z4 root on froyo, everything else is factory.

Sent from my Rooted/O'Clocked X

leftspin

Reaction score

Chillout

Reaction score
Yep that's how the stock GB looks. I got a replacement DX a couple months ago and that's how it came. If you were rooted, virtually every ROM will change the overall look and feel of the phone including the dialer, icons, etc.

the most recent OTA update was just to fix a keyboard issue mainly, other than that it wasn't very indepth. The way your phone looks now is how all the DX phones are with GB, stock.

Luv2Laff

Reaction score
The latest update was forced on me.... It automatically just downloaded and I hate it. My phone is sooo slow to respond to anything. Sometimes it can take 3 minutes to open email or even to open the dialer to make a call. Im miserable. Why do they send **** out without testing it thoroughly? Im so frustrated and want to run over the damn phone with my car!!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

leftspin

Reaction score
The latest update was forced on me.... It automatically just downloaded and I hate it. My phone is sooo slow to respond to anything. Sometimes it can take 3 minutes to open email or even to open the dialer to make a call. Im miserable. Why do they send **** out without testing it thoroughly? Im so frustrated and want to run over the damn phone with my car!!

reboot into recovery and do a factory reset, your phone should work fine after that (but backup anything you don't want to lose, you will have to set the phone up again)

nibord

Reaction score
I'm also curious... what problems are you having? I think mine is great even for as old as it is. I run Liberty on mine with Crystal X theme and the phone is superb. Fast and Stable.

why is that? even with all the awesome new phones coming out, I still don't wanna trade my X

Mule65

Reaction score
Why? I've had too many issues with mine. Constantly dropping WiFi. Force closes. Lost pictures and videos. Unreliable push email. Corp Sync email fiasco. Unresponsive screen. Battery pulls. Flaky navigation. USB/SD crashes. Caller can't hear me. Browser stuck. Random restarts. No ringtone or notification. Can't unlock. Lousy battery life. Android OS batter drain. Speaker is too quiet. To name a few.

I'm sure another battery pull and factory reset will fix everything again. I'm not a newbie, just had enough debugging Android phones.

CptSashimi

Reaction score
Wow. I got an X off ebay and I'm running stock rooted .605 and love it. Stable, fast, reliable. No complaints.

Sbeck

Reaction score
Going to GB

I'll be making the plunge Saturday moving from Z4 rooted Froyo to GingerBread and then rooting again. Anyone want to recommend the best backup practices for backing up apps and contacts and such before I unroot and sbf this sucker??????????????

Plus someone please confirm my intended steps below...
1. Unfreeze the updater app, I froze last week.
2. Unroot using the Z4 app.
3. SBF to the 602 release of GingerBread
4. Root with D3 1 click method.