DROIDX and DROID2 Finally Receive MIUI Ports!!

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just switched back yesterday. Just wipe data, cache and dalvik. Mount system (do it!) And install cm. Don't forget gapps. Works fine

CM74D2

TSON

Reaction score
I don't think anyone's tried yet. You should be able to SBF if something goes wrong. And if you can't make the jump, you'll need to SBF anyway. So, you might as well try it.

CP6608

Reaction score
Just switched back yesterday. Just wipe data, cache and dalvik. Mount system (do it!) And install cm. Don't forget gapps. Works fine

CM74D2

Do I need to flash the initial RC back from June or can I just flash one of the newer nightlies along with gapps? I have all of them on my SD card, but I would really like to avoid flashing the original buggy version then going back in and flashing another nightly. TIA!

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score

CM74D2

Do I need to flash the initial RC back from June or can I just flash one of the newer nightlies along with gapps? I have all of them on my SD card, but I would really like to avoid flashing the original buggy version then going back in and flashing another nightly. TIA!

Nope. Just flash the nightly like I said earlier along with gapps. You'll be good to go! Just don't forget to mount system :)

CM74D2

droidxchat

Reaction score
regarding the icons being more "iphonelike", will all icons look like that? if i were to download a really obscure market app, would this rom auto-format the icon to make it uniform with the rest?

and could we use a different camera app that supports 720p?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
As far as the icons, yes. It puts it in the same box dimensions as the others.

CM74D2

droidxchat

Reaction score
the one thing that really grabs me about this rom is the support... i saw on miui website that it is updated every friday... any chance it gets ported after every update or is that not likely?

musclemilk

Reaction score
DROID x users...

How is battery life?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

nhugh406

Reaction score
Eh, its so so. Cm7 like. Was getting way better on liberty.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

droidxchat

Reaction score
so this is a gingerbread rom but we have to sbf back to froyo to flash it... i get the reasoning -- we need the froyo kernel in order to use 2nd-init.. but still, i dont feel great about using the froyo kernel for a gingerbread rom... can someone explain a little bit more about 2nd-init? does it freeze the kernel and then use a different kernel?

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
I love the themes on this ROM, but the lack of an app drawer really sucks.

A bit too iPhonish for me.

Back to CM7 it is....

droidxchat

Reaction score
read the writeup, very interesting, still dont feel great about using an outdated kernel, but i know that "newer version" doesnt necessarily mean better, so ill be giving this a try. i read somewhere cvpcs saying that the kernel was trivial anyway. i can always go back eh?