DROIDX and DROID2 Finally Receive MIUI Ports!!

OP
barski

barski

Reaction score
omg i am in love. this is my first MIUI flash ever and after getting over the lack of an app drawer, I have to say... This is beautiful, and probably the snappiest, most overwhelmingly functional AOSP ROM i've ever tried. I really hope it doesn't go the road of CM7 with no updates for a month. I wonder when it'll show up in ROM manager..
I also wish there were more options to get through the themes. It's missing basic functionality like search...Most Popular...etc.

Speeding Wheels, yeah. That would work fine.

I read somewhere there is a new update every Friday. May have been on there site.

Sent from my DROIDX

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
GOOD MORNING! Jumped on liquid from cm yesterday. It's great! Not much different than cm imo (that i've experienced so far). MIUI is next in my weekend rom fest. Flashing now (or within the hour ;)

D2 Liquid 2.4

Last edited:

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Aww man...I recently upgraded to the droid 3 cuz I didn't think it would ever come to the droid 2. Now I highly doubt that it will come to the droid 3 since it comes with stock gingerbread

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
Love the looks but there are a few issues I've come across.

1. Cannot find Bank Of America app
2. Cannot find My Verizon app

Those are the 2 biggest issues so far.. theres a few minor ones beyond these but without being able to DL BofA and MyVZW I wont be sticking with MIUI sadly.

Also it didnt sync my market apps like I had expected and I'm not a fan of the old style camera.. guess the Blur camera spoiled me.. I thought it was nice.

integrate

Reaction score
Do the following work:

720p recording?
Widescreen?
Video playback?
GPS?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Love the looks but there are a few issues I've come across.

1. Cannot find Bank Of America app
2. Cannot find My Verizon app

Those are the 2 biggest issues so far.. theres a few minor ones beyond these but without being able to DL BofA and MyVZW I wont be sticking with MIUI sadly.

Also it didnt sync my market apps like I had expected and I'm not a fan of the old style camera.. guess the Blur camera spoiled me.. I thought it was nice.

Try downloading "market enabler" which is free on the market, set it to Verizon and reboot. I haven't tried it on the dx but it used to work for people on the d1 for a while when we were unable to locate certain apps, My Verizon being one of them.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

cconrad75

Reaction score
can u flash miui if youre on a froyo rom? do you have to use 2nd init?

TSON

Reaction score
It installs 2nd init when you flash it, so you'll be fine as long as you're coming from a froyo-based ROM

nhugh406

Reaction score
Anybody have any reports of battery life? I had it running for a couple of hours, but battery seemed terrible. Sick that Miui is available, but someone please tell me that battery is better when coming from rooted 2.2 than cm4dx.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

xaev01

Reaction score
Found this on another site for missing apps

Give this a try. Flash in clockworkmod. Wipe cache and data from market then install zip.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sm9gp8b88n9bdbb

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Well that seemed to fix the market, but broke gmail in the process.
EDIT: Looks like uninstalling and reinstalling gmail got that working again, too.

Last edited:

TSON

Reaction score
Found this on another site for missing apps

Give this a try. Flash in clockworkmod. Wipe cache and data from market then install zip.

MiuiMarketFix.zip

Well that seemed to fix the market, but broke gmail in the process.
EDIT: Looks like uninstalling and reinstalling gmail got that working again, too.
There's a new patch out by Framework himself at rootzwiki.

http://goo.gl/purv1
Fixes Torch, MIUI Camera (you have to change the dimensions first), Market, and bluetooth.
EDIT: it's in ROM manager now

Anybody have any reports of battery life? I had it running for a couple of hours, but battery seemed terrible. Sick that Miui is available, but someone please tell me that battery is better when coming from rooted 2.2 than cm4dx.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Battery life is 2x as good as CM4DX here. Got 12 hours at medium-heavy usage, CM4DX died at around 7 hours. Stock battery.

Last edited:

CP6608

Reaction score
I have tried this rom out for a day or two now and am not really digging it. It is in nice, but I prefer CM7. I want to go back, but can I just flash CM7 over this rom with a data/cache wipe? Or do I have to sbf? I don't want to be without a phone if I screw up flashing the roms.