droidswap Questions

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by chron12, Apr 16, 2010.

1. chron12

chron12 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i just downloaded droidswap off a forum. i want to know some stuff about it before i use it. when i partition some of my sd card will it erase everything? and should i wait until my class 6 16gb sd card comes in before i do it? im using the droids stock sd card. thanks in advance!

2. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    when i partition some of my sd card will it erase everything? yes, backup its contents before partitioning
    should i wait until my class 6 16gb sd card comes in before i do it? if you already ordered it, yes, you may as well wait... are you using the desire ROM? because no other roms need Swap

also, are you using ROM Manager to partition?

3. chron12

chron12 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i think droid swap partitions it for you. i have a partition for apps2sd and i used rom manager for that. why is the desire rom the only rom? im using ud10 and helixlauncher 2 takes up a bunch of ram and i dont know why. doesnt making a swap partition free up some ram? therefore speeding up your phone?

4. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    in theory yes, but it is also buggy... give it a try... and let us know if it makes your phone any faster

5. chron12

chron12 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'll let you know. thanks for your help I'll test it on my level 2 sd and compare it to the level 6.

Search tags for this page

droidswap