DroidSwap App

dpw2atox

Reaction score
Well I just found on the Market there is an App called DroidSwap. It lets you create a swap partition on your SD card (if you have rooted your Droid) which will improve the performance of your Droid.

I have not tried the app yet as my Droid isnt rooted, but I am considering rooting it now and installing this app.

For those of you who don't know what a swap partition is, it is basically like added RAM which runs a bit slower than your normal ram depending on if it is on a HD, SD card, etc.

Sleeve

Reaction score
Know of any apps that can tell us if we're hitting the point that we actually need swap? As a member of the anti task killer brigade, I need to be shown I need this.

OP
D

dpw2atox

Reaction score
meminfo should tell you how much is free.

superglen99

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is what you mean but there are 2 widgets in the market. Internal memory widget and sd card widget. They will tell you how much is free out of the max.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
With the Droid coming with a relatively slow Class 2 card I wonder how well this will work. Be sure to let us know!

koralyne

Reaction score
For those of you who don't know what a swap partition is, it is basically like added RAM which runs a bit slower than your normal ram depending on if it is on a HD, SD card, etc.

Is this the ram that the phone stores the apps on, or what?

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
Know of any apps that can tell us if we're hitting the point that we actually need swap? As a member of the anti task killer brigade, I need to be shown I need this.

this may be way to late but if your wanting to know how much ram you have left the tray systray monitor it will stay in the notification bar and show you the current ram