Droid's water damage indicator has turned completely red, but the phone still works

thedroiduser123

Reaction score
VZW won't care whether your phone is still working, the litmus has already turned.

I used to work for Motorola, and I can assure you, it takes more than a little bit of humidity or the phone sitting in your pocket to turn the litmus dot red. It takes an excessive amount of moisture, which indicates that if the phone has been subjected to enough moisture to turn the litmus dot, it's definitely enough to damage the internal hardware.

This is BS. The amount of water that got under the battery cover - wasn't even enough to wipe clean. The indicator on the battery is fine.

It only takes 1 missed placed drop of liquid in the wrong place to kill your warranty. Terrible location for it.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have you tried asorbing the moisture with desiccant? its a silica gel used to get rid of moisture in electronics

porsche996

Reaction score
Wait, so you're saying that brand new, with no water damage, the sticker should be white with some small red crosses? I always thought it started off white, and then the crosses showed up with water damage?? Guess I was wrong!

donerico

Reaction score
Mine turned red by itself, long before I spilled a cup of hot tea on it and latter dropped it in a bathtub full of water. That was like a year ago, the phone is still working like new.

JohnIl

Reaction score
What a resourceful forum! I’ve also come across these iLoc Cases that help prevent water and sand damage. Their great for around the pool beach and for things like camping. I got a batch of five for my friends and family for just a couple bucks. Try it out at http://www.ilocstore.com

DarrellM5

Reaction score
My phone (OG Droid) got thoroughly drenched during a motorcycle ride in a downpour. The litmus dot on the phone didn't change color. The one on the battery did, but it was my spare battery. It required a hair dryer to boot the phone for the next couple of days. A couple of the keys quit working for a couple weeks. After about a month, the phone started working properly again. That incident happened 15 months ago.

shaggykid

Reaction score
Dropped mine in a toilet 2 days after I got it. With my cat like reflexes I was able to pull it out in a split second.(pre-used toilet btw) No change of color on mine