Droid's UI vs. Evo or Droid Incredible's UI

Nyceane

Reaction score
Motorola Droid seems to have a crappy UI in comparison to HTC Evo or Droid Incredible, and its very frustrating on making sure that app works on every phone =-| I wish I can just default UI like on Iphone and webos development

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
I would think that a good majority of this site would say Droid OS is way better than Sense.. I don't think you'll get much help here..

littlerick

Reaction score
there isnt a special ui on the droid, its plain google with no extras. the others throw in a special ui

Darkseider

Reaction score
I prefer the vanilla Android UI on the Droid to Sense or MotoBlur. As for making apps work across them all that is really a non-issue as long as the apps don't try and latch onto something special found in either Sense or MotoBlur. A widget is a widget and an icon is an icon.

aayoo

Reaction score
If your into the rooting world, vanilla is a huge playground. I've had the HTC droid eris and sense ui got old in a hurry. Widgets and lockscreen notification were nice, but i ended up installing another launcher just to rid my device of sense. I'm back with the moto droid and i'll never look back at sense ui.

eliwellis

Reaction score
+1 for the vanilla Moto UI. For my tastes I find the Sense UI to be over designed. Furthermore, I find the way that HTC phones work as phones is not as good as the Moto Droid. The Droid has a simple elegance in the way it functions as a phone.

From a development prospective we had the more trouble trying to make our app work on all of the screen sizes than we did in making it work with different UI's.

Unless you own a whole bunch of different phones you just have to trust the emulator.

List of Android devices - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't think you understand how things work. The Droid has plain Android that came straight from Google. The phones you listed, both made by HTC, have Sense UI on top of Android. The Sense IU will only come on phones made by HTC. If you want the Sense UI, do your research and buy a from made by HTC.

jrodizkool01

Reaction score
I prefer Sense but I rather have stock than terrible Blur (worst UI in my opinion). Right now I'm using Launcher Pro as my home screen

dodgersrgood

Reaction score
I prefer Sense but I rather have stock than terrible Blur (worst UI in my opinion). Right now I'm using Launcher Pro as my home screen

Same boat as you. Launcher pro is leaps and bounds ahead of others performance wise

phylum sinter

Reaction score
Launcher Pro is my favorite too. Just basic enhancements [the slim buttons on the bottom, the ability to zoom out to see all screens, and MORE of them] and snappier response trumps the basic droid UI.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think you guys are kinda misunderstanding something. LauncherPro is nothing like stock Android or HTC Sense UI.

LauncherPro is what it says it is, a launcher, or a home replacement. There is a regular launcher in stock Android, and the launcher in HTC Sense UI is called rosie. LauncherPro has nothing to do with the interface though, since you can run LauncherPro on HTC Sesne UI without any modifications. It's just a home replacement.

Now, at that, LauncherPro is a great home replacement, and I agree with you guys on that.

MyDroid23

Reaction score
I think you guys are kinda misunderstanding something. LauncherPro is nothing like stock Android or HTC Sense UI.

LauncherPro is what it says it is, a launcher, or a home replacement. There is a regular launcher in stock Android, and the launcher in HTC Sense UI is called rosie. LauncherPro has nothing to do with the interface though, since you can run LauncherPro on HTC Sesne UI without any modifications. It's just a home replacement.

Now, at that, LauncherPro is a great home replacement, and I agree with you guys on that.

Off topic, but I would like to know how you bricked your droid. So I don't make the same mistake.