Droids ruling the Android world

J

JohnDroid

top-android-devices.png

We posted an article recently telling you about how Samsung has sold more units then Motorola or HTC - but today we bring you a slightly conflicting report from Chitika. The Chitika report talks not about sales, but about actual use... and in that regard the Droid family is killing it.

Verizon is surely happy to be selling so many Android units on their network, and they are gaining a ton of unique brand exposure by utilizing the Droid name, something no other carrier can offer.

Chitika released some traffic figures and they claim that that the Motorola Droid, Motorola Droid X, Motorola Droid 2 and HTC Droid Incredible represent 40% of all Android powered ad-views on the internet.

top-android-devices-2.png

Coming in behind the Motorola Droid (18.65%) is the Sprint HTC EVO 4G (11.90%). I fully expect these numbers to change as the Droid X, Droid 2 and other next generation Droid phones hit the airwaves. But for now, it's just illustrating what we already know... the Droid family is the real deal and for now stands alone at the top of the food chain in the Android world.

(Source: Chitika.com)

GrillMouster

Reaction score
I haven't reead either report, but maybe the other report said that Samsung has sold more Android phones worldwide and this report shows the Droid lineup ruling in the U.S.A..​

DaWolf85

Reaction score
I haven't reead either report, but maybe the other report said that Samsung has sold more Android phones worldwide and this report shows the Droid lineup ruling in the U.S.A..​

It simply shows that Droid users use their phones more often than other phone users - which should come as little surprise to anyone on this forum, IMHO.
Samsung may sell more phones, but Droid users actually use their phones.

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's hard to believe the EVO is above the X.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
Accuracy of the stats aside, I would point to three reasons why the Droid 1 would be on top of the list. 1.) The fact that there have been so many Android phone releases in such quick succession that early adopters had just barely gotten used to Android 2.0 on their Droid 1 when other phones were beginning to flood the market and few consumers had any desire to upgrade after forking out the dough for the extremely well marketed Droid 1. 2.) On that note my second point is the fact that the marketing of the Droid 1 was by far the most influential of any of the Droid commercials especially since Verizon released teaser commercials leaving their potential customers in suspense. This also makes the Droid 1 more recognizable by others. 3.) Price; due to the fast and consistent release of multiple android phones on multiple carriers and the increase is speed, screen size, and other specs, the price of the Droid 1 quickly dropped. This made it more attainable to those not willing or able to spend $600 or even $300 (with contract) on the Droid 1.

As much as I'd love to have an android phone with a 1GHz (or higher) cpu before overclocking I love my Droid 1 and see no real need to upgrade.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Im confused where are these ad views or traffic coming from? Certain sites?

wierdo124

Reaction score
LOL this study is fail. HTC Ally? Try LG Ally.

Guys, remember, the N1 is popular on android communities, but 99% of the public has never heard of it. It's a developer phone.