Droids have gotten a minor facelift.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Haha, yeah, the Omnia killed virtual keyboards for me. All I have is contempt for them now.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i got my droid november 6th and the keyboard was/is flat as a pancake

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've been using it more lately and while it's not at the point of bubbling up the keys seem to be getting easier to hit and more separate.

I think the more you use it to break it in the more the keys form and it makes it easier to type.

Reaction score
O.K., I got my Droid on December 31, and have hardly used my keyboard at all (in fact, less than this post). My Droid was built in November.. My keyboard LOOKS flat when you look at it. But if you open the keyboard and look at it from the right side, you can see an ever-so slight curve on the top of the keys against the flat sides of the d-pad.
You have to look close to see it, but it IS there... and it is absolutely NOT the "bubbling" that others have talked about in these forums..
I know its NOT that, because I took a steel straight-edge,and all the keys are even with each other... Just thought I would toss-in my observations on that.. (that And $20.00 will get you a cup of coffee from Starbucks)
On a side note, I would think that if your keys are "bubbling" on your phone after only a couple months or so, what will they look and feel like in a year??.. I hope that doesn't cause problems for people in the future.. It has been my experience over the years, that when (almost) anything "wears-in" quickly, it tends wear-out" rather quickly too... Again, I really hope this is NOT the case, because I love my phone as much as any of you..

DigiK

Reaction score
My buddy and I purchased our Droids the Friday of the initial release. From the get-go, both of units had slightly raised keys which enhanced tactility. After swapping mine due to a hardware issue about a month later, I received a Droid that has the flat, useless keyboard. There was DEFINITELY a revision after the earlier manufacturing runs that I speculate eliminated the higher quality keyboard due to slider clearance concern or value engineering.

rjax

Reaction score
I've got a release week Droid that as far as I remember has always had bubbled keys. I really can't imagine typing on a completely flat keyboard like some of you have described; no wonder I like my keyboard much better than I would have thought from the reviews.

TimChgo9

Reaction score
My Droid is labeled 40/09

Keyboard appears flat, and I use my keyboard exclusively. I dislike virtual keyboards.