DroidMod v 1.0 experiences

Discussion in 'Droid Mod' started by pthance, Mar 4, 2010.

1. pthance

pthance Member

Ratings:
    +0
    First off I'd like to say thank you to droidforums.net. Its great to finally see a sub-forum area for all the awesome custom ROMs available to us broken down by developer and team. With that said, lets start DroidMod section with a bang. Special thanks goes to the development team for DroidMod and for designing the DM Updater to make root access and ROM flashing on the DROID so easy for everyone to use.

As a reminder to everyone here, many of us DroidModders jump between forums to get the most information available, if you can't find your answers here, you can always join us at our forum (http:\\forum.droidmod.org) or the droidmod irc channel (http:\\webchat.freenode.net #droidmod) for more immediate assistance.

Lets start off with everyones experiences (both positive and negative) with DroidMod (or previous SholesMod versions they are using). Myself, I have had a flawless experience with the team save one issue upgrading from SM 2.0.2 to SM 2.0.3. This was quickly fixed with some help from Trevorj on the DM team who implemented a fix for everyone (and included that fix in subsequent installation instructions of their releases).

I'm excited to hear other peoples experiences to see what the general consensus of both the ROM and its development team.

2. biglipps66

biglipps66 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    YES, Sub forums WOO. This will make it MUCH easier to browse.

+1 for droidmod. My first root experience and Ive been tinkering with it every since. Very simple.

3. mvezz

mvezz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I want to thank the team for all the hard work they have put into their roms, and ease of installation. I have had absolutely none, zero, ziltch issues with DroidMod, or Sholes before that. If it were not for the team, I doubt I would have dabbled in rooting and overclocking.

Thank you!!

4. nerdbox08

nerdbox08 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The team does make it easier for all people to root and customize their phone.

I've had some problems here and there, but for the most part it's been a pretty decent run with their ROMs.

I'm waiting to see what their next update releases and how it's going to fix some of the issues that are currently occurring. For some reason my phone doesn't like Droidmod 1.0 :(

But all in all, a good app and a good team.

5. gatewayad

gatewayad Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have had almost a flawless experience with DMUpdater and SMUpdater, instructions are very easy to follow and after reading about different roms from different developers and installation instructions I was totally confused. so for me the SMU and DMU was the way to go. Once they got rid of the 2.1 launcher with DMU my phone is so fast and fluid and issue free. I had the SetCPU issue where it wouldnt change and I uninstalled and reinstalled and it has been working fine since. The only force closes I get is the world clock once or twice a day maybe, not a bother since I havent even tried to look up a fix yet.
    So way to go Droid Mod developers, I am so impressed with what you have done and really looking forward to the next update. I am sure you guys will oudo yourself and hoping you will put it back on the market.
    Joe

6. unix.punkx

unix.punkx Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    *stands up*
    Hi I'm unixpunk,
    And I'm addicted to the Sholes Team's ROM...

Seriously though you guys are great, I've been on board since 2.0.3 and will not use anything else. DroidMod is great, I love having Live Wallpapers and of course the easy to use app you guys nicely provided. Very happy you guys opened up a forum as well on the site. You guys are always on top of things, tinkering and discovering new things to play with.
    A big thank you to the entire team over there and look forward to future updates.

7. ThePravus

ThePravus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sholes 2.0.3 was my first ROM and I have been using the family of ROMs since now on DM1.0. Iv tried a few others including BB, Smoked Glass and a few other random ones. None of them have worked as well as the Sholes/DM ROMS for me. Nice clean stock interface that I can customize to my liking. Stable as a rock.

Now if only we could get a bug free 2.1 launcher or port the App Drawer to 2.0.1 launcher Id be happy. I want the damn phone and internet buttons on that drawer, not so much the 3D app list though. Pointless as far as I can see.

8. 91jolson

91jolson Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ive used Sholes since the app tht got who knows how many people to jump on the rooting bandwagon.

Never had a problem installing any version, running DM1.0 with Droidenator theme.

The only issue I have is that since Dm 1.0, my phone has been very toasty, Im usually above 95f, and thats only at 800hz. On sholes I was at 1khz without much heat issues, and I've hit the mid 120's a few times in past few days.

Still love it though, would never go back.

Thanks so much :)

9. mikecolorama

mikecolorama Member

Ratings:
    +0
    that's what i want. maybe in the update?

10. Jedijesus95

Jedijesus95 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    +1 for DroidMod. DroidMod makes rooting and unrooting very easy. The only thing I have issues with is live wallpaper slowing the phone way down but thats the phones issue.

11. rawburt

rawburt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Flawless experience with droidmod. They make it so ANYONE can root their phone. And if you cant with dmupdator and droidmod, you need some serious help lol

12. R1Lover

R1Lover Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    They need to come out with a 2.1 rom... I'm not sure why they are so slow about it?

anyone know what's up?

Search tags for this page

driodmod by the adminnut

droidmod 1.0 updater free download

playfulmod