DroidMod to FroYo

Discussion in 'Droid Mod' started by Infiniti87, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Infiniti87

Infiniti87 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    What's the best way to move to a new 2.2 froyo rom from droidmod? Droidmod is my first and only rom I have ever ran but it's time for a change. I'm assuming since I'm already rooted it should be pretty simple.

2. titans

titans Premium Member
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Read the directions that the post gives you. There is no "right way", there's only one way, depending on what format the post gives you. If it's in backup form, wipe data/cache and restore backup. If it's in update.zip form, then wipe data/cache and apply the .zip.

3. GodfatherIP

GodfatherIP Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It is pretty easy but you will have to wipe data and cache since droidmod is not a 2.2 rom. Titanium backup is a good program for restoring apps and data when you switch between roms (Android 2.2 will automatically redownload your apps but you will lose any saved data unless you backup with a program like Titanium Backup). The easiest way to install a new froyo rom would be to get rom manager since it has a few froyo roms (even in the free section) and it completely automates the install process.

If you don't want to use rom manager you could flash a new rom using sprecovery (you probably already have sprecovery since you are running droidmod). Some roms are update.zip style installs and you simply download the rom file and rename it to update.zip and place it on the root of your sd card. Then you boot into sprecovery by holding the x button while turning your phone on. Then you can use sprecovery to wipe your data and cache partitions. After that go to "install" and choose allow update.zip installation and then choose install update.zip. Then reboot your phone and you'll have the new rom. Some roms are nandroid installs and they will require a different install method, there are instructions for it on the forum for that as well I'm sure.