droidmod to 2.2. quick question

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by joemustang, Jun 18, 2010.

1. joemustang

joemustang New Member

hello everyone. I have been out of the loop for months on the hacking stuff, so I kind of forgot all the terms. I have droidmod and want to go to 2.2. I am going to use this tutorial to get to 2.2.

Looks pretty straight forward. however, how do I run a nandroid backup. And then if something does go wrong how to I recover my old rom with the nandroid backup?

I have Sprecovery by the way.

And because I have Droidmod will that make the install of 2.2 any different for me?

thank you
  2. Corinacakes

Corinacakes DF Super Moderator Theme Developer

You're all set with your setup! Power off your phone then....hold down the x key and press the power button. When a menu comes up scroll down to backup/restore..enter... then do an advanced nandroid backup! Easy! If you need more help..feel free to add me to gtalk!
  3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

To run a nandroid back up you would start your phone in recovery (holding the X key on the keyboard down then proessing the power button.)

then you would just go through the menu using the volume up and down keys and the camera key as "OK". Find backup/restore, select back up and it will back everything up to the nandroid folder that's in your SD card.

I haven't looked at the tutorial you have, I'm very interested in seeing how Droidmod is recommending to do it. I want to see if they recommend the same way I did it. Good luck.
  4. joemustang

joemustang New Member

5. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

for SPReocovery, you would rename the file "update.zip" and place on the root of your SD card. Reboot in recovery, install via SPRecovery method.

Not a nandroid restore.
  6. joemustang

joemustang New Member

Ok im getting confused, i downloaded it and it showed up as 3 folders and do I extract them? Do I just combine all 3 folders into one? and then rename it as Update.zip? Sorry.

Also is this file the files that will let me OC?
  7. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

Take the downloaded file, drag it to the root of your SD card (do not unzip it) Reboot your phone into recovery, select "install", then choose "allow update.zip installation", and then select install /sdcard/update.zip (deprecated)

Should load the rom from there. Let it finish and it'll let you know when it's complete. Then just go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot.
  8. joemustang

joemustang New Member

Ok yeah, sorry I had a brain fart for a minute there. just renamed the file update.zip and then put it on the root of the SD card. Ok and also what file do I load first. The 2.2 file or file we have just been talking about?
  9. joemustang

joemustang New Member

alright this didn't work. When i went to restore Advanced nandroid backup, the folder for Froyo was not there. What did I do??
  10. joemustang

joemustang New Member

IT WORKED!!!! After a ton of trial and error and trying to remember this rooting **** I got it to work. Thanks for the help everyone!
  11. dmartins

dmartins Member

Shoot you should have just used my instructions if you couldn't remember.
    Well if anyone wants stock 2.2 with root just use the link in my signature.
Search tags for this page

driodmod by the adminnut