Droidmod ROM locks up at least once a day

jdparsons1

Reaction score
I've read alot of great things about the Droidmod rom... So i decided to load it. Ever since i've had to pull the battery on my phone at least once a day. I was overclocking to 800mhz but now i've got it at 600 and i still have it randomly lock up on different screens. Anyone else have this issue?

JasonLee

Reaction score
No issues, except when i tried to have the 2.1 launcher running. That made it lock up so often i had to uninstall it. After i did ive had no problems. IM running setcpu at 800mhz standard profile and all other profiles at 600. I only hope they can implememnt the launcher into the rom itself, not a apk.

Chatchie

Reaction score
Ive had droidmod for a couple days now, has never locked up and I run it at 1000.

revjim44

Reaction score
Been running Droidmod 1.0 stable at 1GHz since they released the updater, and the sholes rom before that. Current uptime is just short of 5 days since reboot. No lockup then either, just buggered up some theming so I reverted a clean install of the DM 1.0 to clean it up.

Kack

Reaction score
its all good on this end running at 800 Mhz since day one. only a few addons fonts widgets yet runs smooth.

jev

Reaction score
I've had a few lock ups, but the advantages of using Droidmod far out weigh the minor bugs here and there. Once a day may get a little annoying, but it's not like it takes that much time out of your day.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've had a few lock ups, but the advantages of using Droidmod far out weigh the minor bugs here and there. Once a day may get a little annoying, but it's not like it takes that much time out of your day.

I've had to do one battery pull. Really, that's one too many I'm not suppose to be doing battery pulls with a Droid, but until 2.1 comes around or something better then this I'm staying with it.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I've never had any battery pulls with DM 1.0. I'd wipe and reflash it.

jev

Reaction score

I've had to do one battery pull. Really, that's one too many I'm not suppose to be doing battery pulls with a Droid, but until 2.1 comes around or something better then this I'm staying with it.

I've had to pull the battery several times before I rooted so it doesn't bother me. It's just like having to go into dfu mode every once in a while on my iPod, it just goes with the territory.

Sodner

Reaction score
If you want a different launcher try using GDE with DroidMod. Pretty solid and LW's are interative. I was ready to chuck the whole thing until someone here turned me on to it. Works like a charm.

Shaneathan

Reaction score
For the second time in about 2 hours, I've had to do a battery pull. I won't notice that my phone shut off automatically until I try to wake it up and it won't. I've had DM installed for a couple of weeks now and this is the first time this kind of stuff has been going on. Should I wipe? And honestly, I don't really know how to do that, so if that's what I should do, could anyone provide a link for it?

revjim44

Reaction score
current uptime 16 days, running DM 1.0. 250min/1000max. This rom is as stable as stable gets. If you're having problems, lose the 2.1 launcher and wind your clock speed back a bit. Some droids seem to be able to handle faster clock speeds. My droid was totally unstable at 1.2 but rock solid at 1.0 I can run a stress test all day long with out a reboot of FC. Others seem to have much more luck with their max set at 800. I'd be willing to bet that some of it has to do with the amount of available memory you have, the apps that you have installed, whether or not you're running live wallpapers, or other variables that would be just too hard to quantify. Get your phone set up the way you like it, do a full nandroid back up, and then play with your installed apps/clock speeds/ etc. till you find what works for you. I have my stable setup and apps saved as a full backup, so if I change things and screw stuff up, I can always go back to my base.

Just my $.02.

Jim