DroidMod and battery life??

Discussion in 'Droid Mod' started by ScottyKnows, Apr 8, 2010.

1. ScottyKnows

ScottyKnows New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys, first post here.

I have the moto droid, am running 2.0.1 rooted with DroidMod 1.0, and I've noticed that my battery life is completely abysmal, much much worse than before I rooted and started running DroidMod. Today I left for work at about 2pm, the phone was charged at like 90-100%, and at 7 or 8pm, the phone was already down to like 40%, and I had barely even done anything with it the whole time!!!

I mean I took it out of my pocket a few times to check the time, check facebook real quick etc, but nothing heavy. Very very light use. What the hell is going on? By the time I got home at 11, it was at 10%.

I'm using SetCPU, but I have it set at very moderate settings, is that the problem?

Is it the live wallpapers?

Anyone have any idea about this??

2. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    If you actually have live wallpapers running then yes....they will eat your battery probably faster than anything lol

3. ScottyKnows

ScottyKnows New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So you think the Live wallpapers are more to blame than having SetCPU on??

4. powerwagon

powerwagon Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Absolutely...if you adjust setcpu correctly, that will actually help your battery life. LWP's are a killer...cool to show buddies, but the negatives outweigh the positives imo.

5. huskur

huskur Senior Member

Ratings:
    +36
    In all likelyhood the battery is dying due to continual downloading (attempts) for the OTA update.

Go to menu>settings>about phone> systems updates and see

6. Naebue

Naebue Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having a problem with diminished battery power as well and the cpu or something running hot enough to feel through the case I have on it. I don't have much of anything running, have SetCPU to 800/500 when not charging, but 1000/800 when, also have Auto Memory Manager on the default setting etc etc.. and it's still running hotter than I'd like when not charging! I'm kind of worried about long term damage to the device, and not sure if it's this mod or something I don't know about!

7. Infiniti87

Infiniti87 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I'm also running DroidMod on 2.0.1 SetCpu running 1000/250 on conservative setting with profiles. I run ATK and i unplug my phone from charging at 5:45 am every morning and by the time i go to sleep and plug it in around 10pm every night i still have anywhere from 50-60% battery. Thats also with live walpapers, about an hour of phone calls, 200+ text messages, some web and market browsing, downloading apps and just playing around. I keep wifi, sync, and gps turned off unless i need it. In my opinion, the battery life is great. You must have something running in the back ground.

8. rcfx

rcfx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My phone is set up alot like infinity87's, except mine runs at 800MHz. If you have taskiller running you might look in there and see what is using the cpu's resources cause something is running that battery down.

9. bentobox

bentobox New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Its not just you

Droid mod is an ok rom to start out with. It does have ****ty battery life like the worst and i found it runs extreamly hot. I strongly suggest you switch to a better rom like smoked glass, well any rom but droid mod lol. (no insult to the team). Its a good rom to start with but sucks battery life and cpu temp

10. ScottyKnows

ScottyKnows New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Alright, well I'm glad it's not me... I've tried installing Cyanogenmod 5054 and 5057, couldnt get either one to work without problems... unless I did a clean wipe of data and cache (which i did NOT want to do obviously) then the phone wouldnt get past the boodloader screen. I'd see the big white M, then the droid animation, and then the red eye, then back to the droid animation, and that happened endlessly.

So ... I tried a clean wipe, and it worked, but there was no market app, no google maps... i mean it just installed without any of it. So... obviously if I dont have the market, then im ****ed because I did the clean install, so how am I supposed to get that **** back.

:(

So you're saying to try the standalone smoked glass rom?

11. bentobox

bentobox New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok well droid mod is a 2.0.1 rom cyanogen is a 2.1 rom you always wipe data and cache between roms. Its. Just something you do to prevent problems. Now ito back up apps I suggest titanium backup or astro file manager has an app backup manager. And contacts I exported a copy of those aswell. Good luck msg me if you need any help what's so ever getting to smoked glass