Droidmod and 2.1 ota update

vessej

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone!
I'm running DroidMod and this morning I received the OTA notification on my phone. I don't think I want to use this. I will wait for an another update from DroidMod. How do I turn off the notification , if possible? Thanks in advance!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone!
I'm running DroidMod and this morning I received the OTA notification on my phone. I don't think I want to use this. I will wait for an another update from DroidMod. How do I turn off the notification , if possible? Thanks in advance!

You're rooted, running Droidmod and you are getting notification? I don't think that's possible.

I'm not calling you a liar, but if a phone is rooted and has SPRecovery in it there is no way it can get the update. I'm asking are you sure you're running Droidmod 1.0?

gdwyer22

Reaction score
It's possible, happened to me this morning too. I removed the update.zip file from my sd card and the notifications stopped. I eventually gave in and unrooted than applied the updated through recovery console.

liddster

Reaction score
It's possible, happened to me this morning too. I removed the update.zip file from my sd card and the notifications stopped. I eventually gave in and unrooted than applied the updated through recovery console.

So do you regret unrooting and applying the OTA??? I'm not sure I want to give up SetCPU... I thought there was a way to block OTA notifications... I haven't recieved it yet and NOT wanting to get it either.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

So do you regret unrooting and applying the OTA??? I'm not sure I want to give up SetCPU... I thought there was a way to block OTA notifications... I haven't recieved it yet and NOT wanting to get it either.

My understanding was that if you can't get the update you won't get the notification.

Trying to cut down on 2.1 threads but I left this one open because this is kind of strange.

gdwyer22

Reaction score

Not yet. Only had 2.1 for a few hours. I will miss 5 screens though. But it's easy enough to go back to my previous ROM so I figured I try it out. It does seem snappier with the update and voice to text works good for me. I don't care for live wallpapers so I haven't tried it out on 2.1 ( I did on my previous ROM). I plan on testing it out over the weekend to see how it goes.

85gt

Reaction score
I'm also running DroidMod 1.0 and received the update but waiting to see what they come up with building off of 2.1....... don't want to give up the SetCPU or tether for that matter !

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm also running DroidMod 1.0 and received the update but waiting to see what they come up with building off of 2.1....... don't want to give up the SetCPU or tether for that matter !

You can still tether, how is that an issue? My understanding is all it takes is an app to tether.

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Not yet. Only had 2.1 for a few hours. I will miss 5 screens though. But it's easy enough to go back to my previous ROM so I figured I try it out. It does seem snappier with the update and voice to text works good for me. I don't care for live wallpapers so I haven't tried it out on 2.1 ( I did on my previous ROM). I plan on testing it out over the weekend to see how it goes.

Hmmm... How are you going to run your previous roms? By unrooting and putting the OTA of 2.1 on you should not have sprecovery and cannot put it on without su privileges.

r-dubya

Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

You're rooted, running Droidmod and you are getting notification? I don't think that's possible.

I'm not calling you a liar, but if a phone is rooted and has SPRecovery in it there is no way it can get the update. I'm asking are you sure you're running Droidmod 1.0?

I'm getting the same thing!! I just made a post about it in the general forum, as i was kinda flustered and looking for an answer.

gdwyer22

Reaction score

Hmmm... How are you going to run your previous roms? By unrooting and putting the OTA of 2.1 on you should not have sprecovery and cannot put it on without su privileges.

By using RSD and flashing back to 2.0.1 using the sbf, re-rooting, than restoring the nandroid back-up I made before I updated to 2.1. Should only take 10-15 minutes.

OP
vessej

vessej

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Will it not be ok to go back to stock, check out the update and eventually go back to root via DroidMod?

gdwyer22

Reaction score
That's what I plan on doing. But the only way that I know of to get back to 2.0.1 after applying the 2.1 update is by using RSD and flashing the 2.0.1 sbf. After that I will probably use Droidmod to root and than apply my nandroid backup.