DroidMod 1.0 to BB 1.1

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by neemo6, May 29, 2010.

1. neemo6

neemo6 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just tried switching roms from droidmod due to it getting extremely hot at 800mhz, and finally have soem time this weekend Im going to BB rom. Problem is after renaming rom file to update.zip and installing the phone gets stuck in a boot loop. What could I be doing wrong?

2. RobStemen

RobStemen Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Are you wiping in between installs?

3. neemo6

neemo6 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No, could that be the issue?

4. LtKen

LtKen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I had this problem going from DM1.0 to BB1.0 using ROM Manager, and I've seen a few cases of it in the last couple weeks. Oddly enough, formatting the SD card helped.... Not sure if you'll have the same luck, since you're doing the update.zip method.

And to answer your question, yes, not wiping between 2.0.1-based ROMs and 2.1-based ROMs can and often does cause major problems.

5. neemo6

neemo6 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I did a wipe and got bugless beast installed. Now All my apps are gone, home setup gone, and phone looks like stock. I dont see any aftermarket rom features, specifically no wifi tether, no youtube hq default, and other features as there was w/ droidmod. About phone info says im Bugless Beast, but dont see anything beastly. What am i missing? Please help.

6. STIDRIVER

STIDRIVER Member

Ratings:
    +0
    BB is good, but pretty plain.. not sure why tether isn't there... Any time you wipe and switch Roms, your gonna have to recover your apps and set up your home pages again. I've mad a file on my pc listing my confinguration and apps to save time(trying to remember). Somebody more in the know can help you putting on a theme and adding some other goodies. I went from DM to using Rom Mgr as well.. I'm currently using Jrummy(SHIZ rom) and I love it. It has all the options you want out of the gate...

7. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Wi-Fi Tether you can download from the market, and the Youtube app included in BB v1.1 is the one pulled from the Evo 4G which is newer than the one included in most roms and which has a setting to make it default to HQ.

8. superglen99

superglen99 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Neemo yes the stock bugless is pretty plain however there are a few themes you can add onto it such as nextheme, luna, smoked glass and they can add to the custom look you might be seeking. The youtube app has a little HQ icon in the right corner when playing a video and if you click on that it plays in HQ. wireless tether is now free in the market so thats easy to get