1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

DroidMod 1.0 and switching ROMs

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by thedroid, Mar 17, 2010.

1. thedroid

thedroid New Member

Can you root with droidmod 1.0 and then install over the rom with another rom (i.e. bugless beast)?

If so, can you return to stock with droidmod after installing the other rom?

I'm just wondering b/c I wanted to give another rom a shot and I currently have droidmod on my droid plus rooting is so easy with it. Thanks.
  2. Mojo

Mojo New Member

Yes! It is easy.. root with Droid mod.. install the rom and everything. Download the nandroid file of the rom you want to go to.. extract file to folder and put in root of nandroid folder on your SD card. Boot into sprecovery. .. do advanced nandroid backup to be safe.. do factory restore.. wipe date and cache.. (I did that twice) .. do advanced nandroid restore and choose the rom you want to restore. Easy as pie. :)
  3. thedroid

thedroid New Member

Thank you very much. I just want to confirm that all of the sprecovery's are the same and I can use the one with droidmod, right? Thanks again.
  4. tdog7879

tdog7879 New Member

5. thedroid

thedroid New Member

Thanks. I tried it. It looks great.
  6. Humpa

Humpa New Member

Well, I'd stick with a ESE53 rom personally (I like Adamz's new smoked glass rom). That Koush/cyanogenmod is the first Droid rom build from the AOSP and though it has every option and a lot of work was put into it, it is still not quite as stable/solid as the ESE53 build. So, seeing no advantages to using that, I figure I might as well stay with the same build that VZW is pushing out.
  7. thedroid

thedroid New Member

Thanks. I'll see what happens with this. So far so good. I haven't had any FC's yet. I would try others, but it is a pain to re-install all the apps again. Is there any way around that (i.e. titanium?)
Search tags for this page

droidmod 1.0 download

droidmod rom download