DroidLove... help!

Azazel

Reaction score
Ok keeping this simple, what is flat out the best phone out with droidOS currently on the D2 love it but I have an upgrade coming soon and I would like some outside input and other views before making a decision. Thanks.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
droid 4 should be out pretty soon... that'll be the best phone for about a month

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid 4 should be out pretty soon... that'll be the best phone for about a month

The best, QWERTY phone*. It's still lacking features. And I don't get why they didn't upgrade the screen. But I lived my Droid 3 and if it wasn't for this phone I'd definitely be getting that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using.. magic.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You will probably see a lot of people say Droid 4 since you are asking this in the Droid 4 section...

I'm going to go ahead and move this thread into the General Discussion section of DF; you will get much higher traffic across this thread and should see more diversity in responses.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Unfortunately, there is no best of all worlds phones in Android, each one is missing something, or is bested in some way by a different device.

LTE - Faster data connection if you can benefit from it. It does drain battery quick and has some quirks.
Physical Keyboard - Can you live without a physical keybard?
Size - How big of a device is too big? Some folks seem to say "the bigger the better", but then there are quite a few that don't like the larger devices.
Camera - Each device has a different camera, some are better than others.
UI - Each manufacturer has a skin it puts on Android. Motorola has Blur, HTC has Sense, Samsung has Touchwiz (the Galaxy Nexus is stock Android not Touchwiz though), and LG has whatever they call their skin. They all function similarly, but each have their own quirks. Some folks like some over others.
Removable battery - The Razr and Droid 4 have a non-removable battery, meaning if you were someone that likes extended batteries to make it throughout the day this isn't doable. (I didn't mention the Razr Maxx here due to it basically having an extended pre-installed).
Expandable memory - The Galaxy Nexus doesn't have a micro sdcard slot.
Screen - There are a lot of different displays out there on devices. Some folks like some better than others.
Price - In these poor economic days, it can be hard for some folks to justify spending $200+ on a device.

....etc

I am not trying to be unhelpful, but without knowing your wants/needs it is tough, basically impossible to pick a phone for someone.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Best is subjective. Depending on what you're looking for there's a phone to fit your needs.

Head to the store and check them all out.

Btw, droidOS is officially known as Android:p

OP
A

Azazel

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input, my upgrade is in july so I may very well get the droid4 but I've used the nexus, rezound, and razr as well and its so hard to choose between them they are all pretty sweet. I think rootability may wind up determining my choice. But please I am open to more feedback, opinions are priceless some even worthless but I promise ill read em all

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Thanks for all the input, my upgrade is in july so I may very well get the droid4 but I've used the nexus, rezound, and razr as well and its so hard to choose between them they are all pretty sweet. I think rootability may wind up determining my choice. But please I am open to more feedback, opinions are priceless some even worthless but I promise ill read em all

You'll have more options by the time July rolls around, I wouldn't even worry about it now tbh, you'd just make the wait more unbearable the more you think about it

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
If your interested in rooting and what not, I would certainly go with a Galaxy Nexus.

OP
A

Azazel

Reaction score
You'll have more options by the time July rolls around, I wouldn't even worry about it now tbh, you'd just make the wait more unbearable the more you think about it
<br><br><br><br>hahah i know the wait is already killing me, i get cabin fever during the winter so i need a device to keep me occupied

OP
A

Azazel

Reaction score
If your interested in rooting and what not, I would certainly go with a Galaxy Nexus.

what is your favorite couple features about the nexus? i liked it but i liked every new phone i picked up you dont really get to know em till you have had them for awhile

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Ok keeping this simple, what is flat out the best phone out with droidOS currently on the D2 love it but I have an upgrade coming soon and I would like some outside input and other views before making a decision. Thanks.
None of them are the best at everything. But the Razr, Galaxy Nexus, and Rezound are the highest specced at the moment.

IMO the Rezound is the best of the three. Which one is best will depend on what features are most important to you.