DroidLive Lite

ZeRo_C0oL

Reaction score
I've been using Pandora, Slacker Radio, and Last.fm but I think DroidLive Lite is probably my new favorite. It's a Shoutcast client, doesn't require any registration of any sort, and plays hundreds if not thousands of stations from around the world. It seems to be put together pretty well and I haven't found any bugs. Stable app! Anyway, I was impressed that I was able to listen to DigitallyImported (www.di.fm) using this app.

It pairs well with the new Sleep Timer app too so I can listen to music before I fall asleep and have the phone turn the radio off after a set amount of time.

I can't wait to see what this phone can do after a few more months! :icon_ banana:

Geofferson

Reaction score
Downloading it now -- looking forward to giving it a try. :motdroidhoriz:

OP
ZeRo_C0oL

ZeRo_C0oL

Reaction score
Downloading it now -- looking forward to giving it a try. :motdroidhoriz:

I hope you like it! I've been happy with the other radio/music apps, by all means, but I think this one has a unique flavor that the others don't really hit on. I didn't think I liked it first because the user interface is sort of weird initially, but after exploring it a little more and using it for a few hours, I love it! I hadn't heard anyone mention this anywhere yet.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow I thought I'd have to find shoutcast urls and put them into the app but they are all listed here. I'm going on a techno binge starting now

jasonb

Reaction score
Very nice app, have anyone tried the pay one? Whats the differences?

i tried the lite version for a few hours, ended up really liking it so i bought the full version for $3.99. the biggest difference is that it tells you the music format, not just the bitrate. there is a lot more to it than the bitrate. a low bitrate AAC+ will sound just as good as a much higher bitrate MPEG but will be tons more efficient. so it's nice to know what you are selecting before you select it.

the full version also includes a sleep timer built right in. i fell asleep listening to some chillout music last night and the sleep timer worked great.

Last edited:
OP
ZeRo_C0oL

ZeRo_C0oL

Reaction score
Thanks for posting up about the paid app. I finally got my new debit card yesterday so I'm going to go ahead and get the paid app. There are no advertisements on the paid app, right?

I'm all about supporting apps that I'd like to see continued development with, so $3.99 is well worth it to me.

jasonb

Reaction score
Thanks for posting up about the paid app. I finally got my new debit card yesterday so I'm going to go ahead and get the paid app. There are no advertisements on the paid app, right?

I'm all about supporting apps that I'd like to see continued development with, so $3.99 is well worth it to me.

so far i have listened to a couple of radio stations that do have ads, but there are no ads from the app itself. DroidLive has no control over the actual stations it has listed.

freeloader

Reaction score
i tried the lite version for a few hours, ended up really liking it so i bought the full version for $3.99. the biggest difference is that it tells you the music format, not just the bitrate.

the lite version does this actually. i just installed it and looked.

edit: in settings, full screen mode is only available in paid version. cant seem to find sleep timer either. so that info appears to be correct

Edit: found the timer. So.. full screen mode is it? Hmm

Last edited:

DjSmooth

Reaction score
I subscribed to Slacker when it first came out and I Luv it, but I miss my JAZZFM from the net, and Droid Lite, tried it and purchased the Full DroidLive within Minutes, gotta support Good APPs. And it is well worth the couple dollars...

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Just downloaded the Lite version. Looks cool. Will have to play with it some to see if I want the paid version. Thanks!

Jahminded

Reaction score
I really like this app. Not only does it allow me to listen to talk radio from around the country, but the UI is amazing. I purchased it to support the devs.