DroidLive + Howard Stern, Alternatives?

zfly9

Reaction score
I tune in to Stern every day via DroidLive but I notice it disconnects when a text (maybe e-mails too) comes in and is sent... Then it tries to reconnect and sometimes fails and I have to find a different server.

This is quite annoying, just wondering if there are any other options that work like DroidLive and offer Stern.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have my home computer record the live show every day and upload the MP3 to a web server so I can get it wherever I am. I love this setup!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
DroidLive + Howard Stern, Alternatives? There a a lot of alternatives to Howard Stern. Just pick one!!:icon_ banana:

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
DroidLive + Howard Stern, Alternatives? There a a lot of alternatives to Howard Stern. Just pick one!!:icon_ banana:

Thanks for everyone (else's) help.

You know the old saying, If you don't have something constructive to say - try for funny!!:)

Seriously, it looked like you were getting some good ideas.

pyro6128

Reaction score
how is the buffering on cherry player and "a online player". When i can get stern on howard 101 on droid live its great. But when I need to listen to the crystal one station it sucks because every time it needs to buffer this long ad plays, which is terrible.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I find Stern annoying too....

When's the last time you listened to him? How many Stern shows have you listened to? What's your favorite radio show?
I listened to Howard when Cabbie, Stuttering John, Hank, etc.were on. By the time they went to Satellite, Howard had more than overstayed his welcome. I had no desire to listen to the same re-hash with the only thing new inserted would be the vulgarity. No, it wasn't worth paying $12 or more to listen to him anymore.

Glad you were able to find alternatives for your question. I'm just wondering why DroidLive stops playing when you get a text message.

pyro6128

Reaction score
Yea I wouldnt pay 12 dollars to hear him, but free howard on the droid is awesome. The tiger woods mistress beauty pageant was great

meaker

Reaction score
I tune in to Stern every day via DroidLive but I notice it disconnects when a text (maybe e-mails too) comes in and is sent... Then it tries to reconnect and sometimes fails and I have to find a different server.

This is quite annoying, just wondering if there are any other options that work like DroidLive and offer Stern.
I have the same problem when I'm listen to a station on Droid live and get a text.. It's stops and has to re buffer to get back to playing. I think it's happens 128k stations more then the lesser quality ones but I could be wrong..

05Ravenr6

Reaction score
it happens for me too, doesnt matter if the stream is 24kbps or 128kbps