DroidInc market force close

kwod8832

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right forum for my issue but here it goes anyway. When I try to get in to the Market I get the following message "The application Market (process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly please try again" then I have the option to force close. I have been trying again for the last 24 hours. Any suggestions? And no I did not root my phone. Thank you in advance.

jdshort2010

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right forum for my issue but here it goes anyway. When I try to get in to the Market I get the following message "The application Market (process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly please try again" then I have the option to force close. I have been trying again for the last 24 hours. Any suggestions? And no I did not root my phone. Thank you in advance.

Try clearing the cache and then try it. Menu>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Click on "Market"> Then click "Clear Cache".

That might get rid of any issue. Let me know if it works.

OP
K

kwod8832

Reaction score
No luck but thank you.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
Did you try a battery pull? Mine did that a while ago til I battery pulled. Then it started working after that.

OP
K

kwod8832

Reaction score
Double darn that did not work. Maybe if I start drinking beer will fix it.

jdshort2010

Reaction score
Try accessing that same menu and tap "Clear Data" . Then do a soft reset and try. Let me know.

Sent from my Dinc

OP
K

kwod8832

Reaction score
@jdshort, tried soft rest and clear data. No luck with that either.

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
@jdshort, tried soft rest and clear data. No luck with that either.

I suppose you could try a hard reset... If you do that, make sure you backup everything to your computer...

Wait... Have you just tried it from the app on your home screen? Or have you tried it from the list that has all your apps on it?

Last edited:
OP
K

kwod8832

Reaction score
All is back to normal. I uninstalled Market and pulled the battery. Once it powered back up Market was working perfectly. Thank you all for the help.dancedroid

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
All is back to normal. I uninstalled Market and pulled the battery. Once it powered back up Market was working perfectly. Thank you all for the help.dancedroid

hmmm... How'd you reinstall the market after you uninstalled it? Just got future reference, in case this happens to somebody else

OP
K

kwod8832

Reaction score
I figured since Market was per installed that if I uninstalled did a battery pull it will re install (lucky assumption) also I had nothing to lose trying this.

BatchMan

Reaction score
I am experincing this problem as well, unrooted and stock 2.3. How did you uninstall the market??

OP
K

kwod8832

Reaction score
Settings, applications, manage applications, market, uninstall. Once it is removed do a battery pull, once you restart the phone it will re-install itself or at least it should. Good luck my friend

jacomoman

Reaction score
Settings, applications, manage applications, market, uninstall. Once it is removed do a battery pull, once you restart the phone it will re-install itself or at least it should. Good luck my friend

Thanks a lot for this suggestion. This worked for me as well. I'd been plagued with a broken/crashing Market app for weeks with no luck on finding a solution. I did this and it's back up and it got re-installed automatically and it's working fine now. You ROCK!:hail: