Droidforums vs Android Central

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by droidavie, Feb 3, 2010.

1. droidavie

droidavie New Member

...which one is better and why
  2. koralyne

koralyne New Member

Droidforums. Cuz... im here =D

But seriously, ive never been to android central (never even heard of it till now)
  3. Droids

Droids New Member

Android Central is ok, I stop by once in awhile to check on posts but less so each week. Never bothered to sign up there. Droid Forums has far more activity, and far more knowledgeable posters to help with issues and discover more cool things about our Droids.

Motorola has a forum as well, you can see it here
    https://supportforums.motorola.com/...E3E4627EC5C7A2.node0?view=discussions&start=0
    but droidforums.net really is the best forum for Droid users and all things Android for that matter. Not just saying that either,Ii've looked at others and continue to look here and there, this place is _the_ best.
  4. titans

titans Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

You're comparing apples and oranges here.

Droidforums.net is a forum which Droid users talk or ask questions about their device on nearly any subject. Droidforums.net is a social community where Droid owners can converse.

Androidcentral.com is a news site that reports on anything android related. This is where you can go to find out news about Android. Another good android news site would be phandroid.com
  5. souljerr

souljerr New Member

I haven't been to android central in months but why pick one over the other? Why not hang out at both?
  6. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

i use them both but come here most, people here seem more willing to help. Now they are both good and the more droid the better. I stumbled on a lot of news there and a lot of fixes here.
  7. NickWgnr

NickWgnr New Member

Androidcentral.com
    Threads: 4,482, Posts: 38,657, Members: 9,109
    Most users ever online was 470, 01-26-2010 at 05:32 PM.
    Droidforums.com
    Threads: 19,718, Posts: 192,482, Members: 34,323
    Most users ever online was 6,321, 01-05-2010 at 04:43 PM.

Do I really need to say any more? Haha, we have superior activity and more members.
    More members= more questions with more answers. More answers= more knowledge. Easy enough huh?

Wagner :motdroidvert:
  8. takeshi

takeshi New Member

*Sigh*

Every "best" question needs to be qualified. It doesn't matter what you're asking about. Tell us what means best to you and we can give you meaningful responses. Are you not able to visit both and determine for yourself first hand? Are you unable to use both sites or have some requirement to only stick to one site?

If you're the type that always assumes that quantity is all that matters. :D I do prefer this site but saying that "more activity is better" isn't applicable to everyone's preferences. There are tons of duplicate threads here, for example.

What if the OP wants info on non-Droid devices as well? Again, it's a subjective matter (like most things) and the OP hasn't given us anything to work with.
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
  9. iPirate

iPirate New Member

I come here and count on others to bring any missing news to these forums. I dont have time to search for info all day and spending 5 minutes here I can update myself for the day.
  10. jsh1120

jsh1120 New Member

Not promoting other sites, but "Everything Android" and even Verizon have forums where users post questions and information about their Android devices. As these examples suggest, some sites focus on the Android o/s rather than specific devices; others like Verizon have a focus on the Android devices they sell.

My strong impression, based on several months of monitoring, is that this forum provides both a more comprehensive and a more focused experience than other sites. Personally, I find this forum to be the best administered and least likely to be filled either with material that goes beyond my interest in the internals of the Android O/S or with questions like "How do I turn on my phone?"

Others' mileage may vary.
  11. Rettocs

Rettocs New Member

When you ask which is better, you are going to get a biased answer. That's like if you sent a message to all of your Xbox Live Friends asking if they prefer the PS3 or the 360. You'd get primarily 360 answers because of the platform you based the poll on.

I've not been to Android Central. So guess what my choice is? :D
  12. zakany

zakany New Member

I visit both. Why choose?
  13. 640k

640k Active Member

these are the forums you're looking for. /thread.
  14. Rettocs

Rettocs New Member

A thread lock would have made this post epic :icon_ banana:
  15. 928Droid

928Droid Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Coolest People + Coolest Admins/Mods + Best Info/Discusssion = DROIDFORUMS.NET

The rest don't add up the same.
  16. wctaylor79

wctaylor79 Premium Member Premium Member

As stated before use both.. I usually go to Android Central and Phandroid for the random news about the android os.. but if I got an issue with my Droid or need tech advice this site is definitly the best.. The people in this forum are the best when it comes to anything related to the Droid, but if I want to rant on the new Apple maxi pad, or see Luke Wilson try and earn a buck with his latest big red bashing, I go to android central... Now any luke wilson fans out there, if I was offered the money I would do the commercial too.. its a steady paycheck and the economy is bad...

So have your cake and eat it too.... enjoy all the sites.. Unless you didn't get your permission slip signed.. I just forged my Mom's signature so I could look at more then one site... srry had to pick... :)
  17. Rettocs

Rettocs New Member

Remember when Britney Speares had a photo taken of her drinking a Coke and got herself canned (no pun intended) from the Pepsi commercials? It makes me wonder if Luke Wilson is forced to use an ATT phone while being their spokesperson. If so, I wouldn't take that job :icon_eek:
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
  18. gruve

gruve New Member

I prefer droidforums. You can ask a question, either very simple or mind stumping question and you will always get an answer or people trying to help rather than people just being smartasses and flaming you.
  19. CYBER DROIID

CYBER DROIID New Member

Iv been on all of them and Droidforums.net is hands down the best by a long shot.
  20. sdixon747

sdixon747 New Member

Interesting, since today is the 4th :icon_eek:
    My wife asked me if there is anything the phone can't do, like see into the future? I guess Droid Does:eek:hmy:
Search tags for this page

android central vs phandroid

phandroid vs android central