DroidForums v2 is Coming!!

PetRiLJoe

Reaction score
This is the news section, so the rules on editing posts are a bit different.

The site should be faster as of 8pm CST as I made some upgrades and improvements around that time. It's loading fast for me.

Thanks for clarifying that, that makes sense! You also brought back a little bit of my sanity as I would have found the edit button - only to find it missing again later without putting two and two together :ph34r:

The mystery is solved! @JSM9872

PetRiLJoe

Reaction score
I'm not positive if this is related to "Version 2" or not, but I noticed when I visit either of my own two picture albums within Droidforums, I get two bottom borders. It looks repetitive and I don't think it should be there. I just thought I'd bring it to attention in this thread since I noticed it after "v2".

Below is simply a (masked) direct link to my screenshot located uploaded to my personal Picasa web album.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-...2520capture%25208142011%2520123431%2520AM.jpg

View attachment 39127

J

JohnDroid

Yup, the albums are a bit messed up. Good catch. We will get it fixed.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I notice the pictures I click on end up loading a different picture. Out of curiosity what does this have to do with droid forums? I can't understand how a website can mess up the gallery, but something is definitely wrong. Weird, just weird, lol

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

J

JohnDroid

I notice the pictures I click on end up loading a different picture. Out of curiosity what does this have to do with droid forums? I can't understand how a website can mess up the gallery, but something is definitely wrong. Weird, just weird, lol

You'll have to show us what your talking about with a screenshot and cutting and pasting the URL's... I can't reproduce this one.

infinity8x3

Reaction score
wallpapers

Clicking the wallpapers link in the navbar shoots me this error.

"I cannot connect to the PhotoPost database. [$php_errormsg]"

Bummed because my fave wallpaper ever is in there. But I'm sure it will get worked out soon.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't have a screen shot app, but I'm talking about the gallery app I use to view pictures. I forced closed app and cleared data but when I reopen it same thing. Maybe its not related, I don't know but never had thousands problem before.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll report back later, I'm going to clear cache partion and dalvik cache

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, fixed my problem, sorry if this wasn't related, I thought it was a first.

Reaction score
To be honest, I'm missing the dark back ground too. It does seems bright, compared. But definitely an eye catcher.

Sent from the Unbrickable DROID

Thats IT!!! thats what is making this such an odd experience making the switch over. it seems a little more plain and a little less droid inspired (with the charcoal droid background)

FastKatt

Reaction score
Great work guys & gals!
Looking forward to the cleaned up, finished product.

Also hoping for a "Dark Forums" option.

J

JohnDroid

Thats IT!!! thats what is making this such an odd experience making the switch over. it seems a little more plain and a little less droid inspired (with the charcoal droid background)

I haven't been able to find a good "Droid" icon that works well in that back corner. I'd love to change it though if anyone can find me a good image. Keep in mind, it doesn't go all the way to the very back corner so we need something that we can blend, like the Android there is now.

Nothing here is set in stone, we are always open to suggestions and changes and this is a good one, but I need help finding a good image to go there. We also want to change the Thunderbolt up top out for a Droid when we get some good images of it.

Something I've noticed is the page numbers and the attachment,subcsribed,etc. icons on long posts overlap. Cant click the last page.

View attachment 39130

This is definitely a bug with all installs of VB4... this will be a bit harder to fix because of the way they have the system templated :(

Great work guys & gals!
Looking forward to the cleaned up, finished product.

Also hoping for a "Dark Forums" option.

This is something we can look at after working all the bugs out of this one.