DroidForums.net & Ultimate Droid ROMs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I also referred one of our IT guys to this site today. He was talking about installing Debian on his Droid. I think he will Root and Rom after he comes here.

Dalm

Reaction score
To clear up some confusion about Rom Manager... You do NOT have to buy the premium version to use Rom Manager to install Ultimate Droid or ANY of the other extra content or roms. If you know how to download to your sd card, you can download the Ultimate Droid or any of the other stuff to your sd card and then you can use the FREE version of Rom Manager to install it. The only thing the $4 version does for you is download it for you.... lol They give you Rom Manager for free and all you have to do is know how to use it but they offer the premium version for those that don't know how to use the free version and want to only push a button.

Some people shouldn't be flashing roms. The people that can't figure out how to use the FREE version of Rom Manager to do EVERYTHING for FREE are the same people that fill Blackdroids forums with endless questions that were just answered in the post above theirs.

Right some people shouldn't root/flash their droids and some shouldn't drive cars or be allowed to roam the streets either but it still occurs on a daily basis.

Whether you choose the free or the premium rom manager they both serve a good purpose. Premium just has some nice options and lets you donate to good people that help all of us attain the most from our beloved devices.

Your last line makes me laugh though because I see it over and over every day....People asking questions directly under the answer to what they are asking.
Freakin hilarious :icon_ banana:

Reaction score
To clear up some confusion about Rom Manager... You do NOT have to buy the premium version to use Rom Manager to install Ultimate Droid or ANY of the other extra content or roms. If you know how to download to your sd card, you can download the Ultimate Droid or any of the other stuff to your sd card and then you can use the FREE version of Rom Manager to install it. The only thing the $4 version does for you is download it for you.... lol They give you Rom Manager for free and all you have to do is know how to use it but they offer the premium version for those that don't know how to use the free version and want to only push a button.

Some people shouldn't be flashing roms. The people that can't figure out how to use the FREE version of Rom Manager to do EVERYTHING for FREE are the same people that fill Blackdroids forums with endless questions that were just answered in the post above theirs.

Right some people shouldn't root/flash their droids and some shouldn't drive cars or be allowed to roam the streets either but it still occurs on a daily basis.

Whether you choose the free or the premium rom manager they both serve a good purpose. Premium just has some nice options and lets you donate to good people that help all of us attain the most from our beloved devices.

Your last line makes me laugh though because I see it over and over every day....People asking questions directly under the answer to what they are asking.

If everyone knew how to do this and did not ask questions there would not be forums, just torrents. You were a noob once, but you cant see it now from your high horse. My Xbox>Ps3,Intel>AMD,Linux>MS, that is what you need from this.

Dalm

Reaction score

If everyone knew how to do this and did not ask questions there would not be forums, just torrents. You were a noob once, but you cant see it now from your high horse. My Xbox>Ps3,Intel>AMD,Linux>MS, that is what you need from this.

Not sure if this was fired at me but my comment was not from a high horse. I merely find it funny that as a noob I find other people who are too lazy to read in most cases only a few posts up from the question they are asking to notice that 4 other people have asked the same thing in the very thread they are posting in. If it was a new thread and no one had answered the same questions twenty times already it would be different....

I've had to ask questions as well....but for the love of anything read some first before posting the repetitive questions over and over

Xaneth

Reaction score
i feel that the board did the only thing it could, and close the board. though i do believe in an open platform, calling it your own AND taking donations for it is messed up. no doubt that considerable time could have been spent skinning, repackaging and defaulting the ROM, all he had to do was fess up to where the source was coming from. it's too bad too, because like many others, CM ROM's run slow on my droid, and when i overclock, temps tend to run higher on CM.

Xaneth

Reaction score
now somebody with koushs time and skillset needs to step up. now would be a good time to help keep this forum alive.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Xaneth

Reaction score
If everyone knew how to do this and did not ask questions there would not be forums, just torrents. You were a noob once, but you cant see it now from

Not sure if this was fired at me but my comment was not from a high horse. I merely find it funny that as a noob I find other people who are too lazy to read in most cases only a few posts up from the question they are asking to notice that 4 other people have asked the same thing in the very thread they are posting in. If it was a new thread and no one had answered the same questions twenty times already it would be different....

I've had to ask questions as well....but for the love of anything read some first before posting the repetitive questions over and over

chill dude, not everyone has infinite time to read 100+ posts, they just need a quick answer.

Dalm

Reaction score
Im not upset at all Xan.
But why would you read a hundred posts when there is a search tool? You say a quick answer is needed but posting and waiting has to be slower than doing a search or even scrolling up.
Although I suppose this all requires common sense.

Reaction score
If everyone knew how to do this and did not ask questions there would not be forums, just torrents. You were a noob once, but you cant see it now from

chill dude, not everyone has infinite time to read 100+ posts, they just need a quick answer.

When the consequence is bricking your phone, you have the time.

capo745

Reaction score
What's up guys, I just joined blackdroid's forum. I've used all the other roms out there, and this one is by far the fastest and most stable rom for me and my phone. Thanks DF for all your help, and I guess I'll be coming back from time to time to say what up. Thanks.

aldeghij

Reaction score
I first must let all the admins and mods here know that without this forum i would still have a stock 2.1 phone. I would not have learned ANY of what i know now. What i have learned here is unimaginable. Alot of things i never even thought i could do but with the encouragement of all the members here i have succeeded in every task. Been scared a few time afraid i would "brick" my phone. Done a install wrong and had a mad bootloop which scared me to death. Now i know that as long as i can see the "M" i'm good. Rooting, unrooting, accepting the OTA 2.1, hating it and having to use RSD lite to go back to 2.0.1 and back to the custom roms. WOW thats alot. There are only few of us (people of the forum here, in comparison of droid sales) that would even attempt installation of custom roms.

Hookbill you have been a friend from the start, Vulcan1600 (Scott) what a pal. Cereal Killer (i love your avatar) Miami1683, sam, dan and all the other mods and admins i have missed----Thanks for everything you have done. It's time that everyone here at the forums gets the applause they deserve---i haven't always agreed on some of the situations but also its not me that runs this place. The forums here are friendly (mostly) and are in a word "GREAT". (i have posted a few negative comments on this forum out of frustration and i am indeed sorry to everyone that took offense)

I have also joined blackdroids forums but will never leave here. I will be here daily and refer this forum to everyone i know with a android device. How can i not? This is the most informative android forum with the best set up i know!!!

Basically, what i am saying is a BIG THANK YOU DROIDFORUMS.NET

Ya know what, you are right.... I complained like a little b*otch earlier on here, but I have learned a ton from this forum as well.... I can still use UD and come here as well. Sorry mods, Cyan/Koush, etc.... You've all contributed a lot, and I shouldn't have gotten all worked up. You folks have a good weekend.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
now somebody with koushs time and skillset needs to step up. now would be a good time to help keep this forum alive.

we will be alive for a while. Blackdroid and his team are not banned from here1 I wish them luck on the journey and hope he has learned a valuable lesson.

Xaneth

Reaction score
i stand, corrected. it is annoying, but so is being told to search repeatedly as an answer, rather than including the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.