DroidForums.net & Ultimate Droid ROMs

Status
Not open for further replies.

gixxerboy

Reaction score
Well the good news is that this forum is one less forum I have to visit. To the mods. Great job you had an impossible job to do. Unfortunately you gave in to the very vocal minority here. BD may have done wrong but he was the only approachable developers on the web. Night or day he was always answering questions. I will be exiting for the last time. Thanks

same here man ill be seeing you all.(probbally not)

hymetime

Reaction score
Same here, got to have my BD were ever he goes...and i give credit to my 8th grade teacher so i could mis spell this msg.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
this blows. blackdroid was extremely helpful. and never too busy to answer questions. at the least i hope the other devs take a lesson from him and actually help those of us who dont know much about this. its a sad day at droidforums

Sorry guys.but the drama had to end......BD is a great guy and has been silly helpful to me. @ SRT I know you worked hard to fix the issues...though it didnt work out..........

VirtualGeek

Reaction score
This won't be good for droidforums

Maybe not in the short run but in the long run I think it will be better.

Doesnt get much more clear then this

2345454239y6.jpg

I hear you, but it can never go back to that. Not after everything that's happened. I think they had to make a decision on what would be the lesser of two evils: Great quantity with less quality, or less quantity vs great quality. *shrugs*.

agent42o

Reaction score

Honestly, BD sort of forced them into doing this. He had the option to get this all resolved, but chose to try and be right and wrong at the same time.

You see this as bad because UD users are here, and I can understand that, the guy has his own website, he can support, most support comes from IRC anyways.

But the bigger picture, you don't want to chase all the devs away, guys like Cyanogen, Koush, Droidmod, and many other guys are all really important, as is sticking with the open source idea. There's no problem using other guys source, hell, there's kitchen software for the N1 built using CM, but you can't say you compiled it from Googles source when you didn't. If DF takes BD's side on this, they take the side that shows them they don't have respect for the hardwork that came long before the droid. This way keeps the place inviting to developers, let's BD go do his own thing and keeps things sort of peaceful.

mkraffert

Reaction score
I support the mods on their decision. There really wasn't a win-win in this mess, and they did the best they could in a bad situation. I'll move on to other roms. Cyanogen doesn't seem to run well on my phone, and UD has lost my respect by not manning up. Adamz? Pete? Chevy? I'm coming back! I'll even try Cyanogen again after a while. I figure that maybe since his rom is so cutting edge, it just needs some time for the kinks to get worked out. Thank you mods and DF. I salute your efforts and integrity through this.

kauaigs

Reaction score
Thank you all....tough to do it, but it was the right move. Can I now post the word integrity and get my ip ban reversed!?!

luniz7

Reaction score
this blows. blackdroid was extremely helpful. and never too busy to answer questions. at the least i hope the other devs take a lesson from him and actually help those of us who dont know much about this. its a sad day at droidforums

This is for you and all the ones who hate to see BD leave.

Droidforums will survive and will have plenty of devs that will help. Now nobodys arguing that BD wasnt helpful. I mean this was his home forum. As for other devs, its always gonna be easier to contact them on their home forums. Thats just how it works man. Every forum has their own pros and cons.

droidnut803

Reaction score

Sorry guys.but the drama had to end......BD is a great guy and has been silly helpful to me. @ SRT I know you worked hard to fix the issues...though it didnt work out..........

Yeah he was so great you booted him!

WERA689

Administrator
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
One+ One, Nexus 5
Well, as a Mod, and as someone who has not even rooted his NexusOne, I'll say this:
This entire episode is as shameful as anything I've seen anywhere. Whether BD made any mistakes or not, the fanboyism, the attacks on the forum, the damnation....all are examples of some of the most childish behavior I've ever seen carried on by adults.

That this forum became the focal point for all this is another disgrace that I cannot understand. As many have said, if you don't like one dev's work, simply don't use it! The pettyness is uncalled for, umprofessional, and too many other adjectives to list here....all negative.

I'll also say that I disagree with this decision, in that I don't see this being the end of this kind of behavior. It seems to me to be part and parcel of the egos that write ROMs; and I'm almost certain that this kind of "war" will surface again in the future. I think we, as a forum, would be better served to simply stop hosting developers altogether, and just let the forum be a place to discsuss their work--which would be published elsewhere. The community would still be served, and the "need" to shred other devs would be inappropriate in this forum.

But nobody asked me, and I'm only one opinion. I'm proud of this place. I will remain proud of this place. But I have lost respect for more than one developer, and likely decided once and for all not to root.

Thanks for your time, and I'll see you all around here...hopefully in better moods.

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score

Maybe not in the short run but in the long run I think it will be better.

Doesnt get much more clear then this

2345454239y6.jpg

If you're trying to show how many posted in his forum vs the other ROM forums, I'd guess it is because he pretty much hosted his ROM here while the other ROMS were mostly hosted on another forum, and questions and discussions take place there. So, if all of those posts weren't here, I don't see how it matters much if they were mostly discussing UD. They can discuss UD where he nexts hosts 'his' ROM.

bomber889

Reaction score
I think DF made the right decision, and not much will change after BD is gone. Off to cyanogen!

linkboy

Reaction score
I support the mods on their decision. There really wasn't a win-win in this mess, and they did the best they could in a bad situation. I'll move on to other roms. Cyanogen doesn't seem to run well on my phone, and UD has lost my respect by not manning up. Adamz? Pete? Chevy? I'm coming back! I'll even try Cyanogen again after a while. I figure that maybe since his rom is so cutting edge, it just needs some time for the kinks to get worked out. Thank you mods and DF. I salute your efforts and integrity through this.

When you installed Cyanogen, did you use Titanium to restore things. I tried to install it a few weeks ago and it ran like crap (dropped back to UD 9.0). I just reflashed Cyanogen, but didn't use Titanium and its running much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.