DroidForums.net & Ultimate Droid ROMs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrKleen

Reaction score
With a little bit of research you would have found that the problem was with Ultimate Droid and was easily fixable. Strange how people make such rash decisions and statements.
When you need your phone to work you need it to work. SP never let me down. With CW if may have been this, It may have been that. It's hear say. But I know what works for me and I'm sticking with it.

That's awesome, but we could show you what the issue was if you had an open mind. Blackdroid could have easily fixed it.

ibnetman

Reaction score
This is all BULLSH..T
I have been on this forum sense Nov 09.. seen it grow, learned TONS! I finally rooted my phone and installed adamz way back, blackdroid came along and really got the ball rolling... Tryed all kinds of roms.. Can we start some kind of donate paypal up so all the devs get a cut and yes I know there is more to it then money... But i mean damn! All this drama the past few days had put a bad taste in my mouth.. I love android no dought, people are always asking, is that the moto :motdroidhoriz:... i tell them about it what it can do and always tell them about this forum on how awsome it is.. Out of all the roms i have tryed.. CM UD AD BB etc etc.. UD/ChevyNo1 1.25 Kernal ran the fastest, coolest, best battery life, and was themed to how I like it.. I HATE THIS ALL HAD TO HAPPEN LIKE THIS!!!!!!!! We are SPARTA! not the APPLEZIETZ!!!

I wish there was a way to go back in time and be able to keep this all from happening.. A few letters typed on a keyboard could have prevented us ALL specially new people to android from getting this setback! Yes i see it as a setback! now we all have to go to all differnt places to find out about new things and answers to our problems! ITS A SAD DAY! :mad::icon_evil:

MODS/ADMINS!
Is there ANY way for everyone! All of you guys to get together in a voice, chat room, anything! to get this taken care of?!?!?! I dont like how it ended! NOT GOOD FOR THE WHOLE OF ANDROID COMMUNITY:reddroid:, world wide!!

PLEASE CAN'T WE ALLLLLLLLL GETTTT AAAAAALLLLLOOOONNNNGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!:icon_eek:

ibnetman

Reaction score
I believe that UD is the best rom…hands down.I’ve ran Petes, DroidMod, Chevy’s, Cyanogen (for 5 minutes) and stopped when I flashed UD. It is the most stable and pleasing rom that I have ran..And to top it off, the support was OUTSTANDING in his section of DroidForums!!! Any problem I had, 10 people would step up and be more than willing to get me back on track. I will continue to run UD and follow the crew where ever they go.

BD spends alot of time working on his ROMs and deals with many files..And as he said.."files can get mixed up from time to time"..Were all human. We make mistakes. People need to relax and not get all in a uproar. Everybody shares aspects of their rom. And for a war to break out because a thank you was missed in a ROM posting...obserd...People need to grow up and quit pointing fingers. If all the effort that went into flaming and pointing fingers went into a ROM..Think how amazing it would be.

amen.....well put my friend!!!

Thanks...It's depressing that I see people on here jumping ship from Ultimate Droid over this..I guess they werent true UD users.

In my personal opionion I am staying far away from Cyanogen due to Clockwork recovery. When BD went to that I had nothing but problems trying to flash and recover from a bad flash using CW and rom manager.. I was so happy and :icon_ banana:'s when he went back to SP and nandroid.

start a vote?? lol

Droids

Reaction score
I read the first few pages of this thread and skipped to here to post my comment. I liked the UD builds but I didn't like the way he went about them, meaning they were themes more than roms. UD v10 was the last straw and BD's lackluster (to say the least) come back post really sealed it for me and others.

To the Admins and Mods, you have gained some respect back. It may have been a tough call given how much traffic BD brought to the forum, but you were bleeding respect right and left when deleting negative posts while leaving in the fanboi posts. BD got caught with his shorts down and the loyal followers of the forum were left wondering wtf? I was not alone in thinking this forum was done, but I have renewed respect for the admins and mods. Thanks for making it enjoyable to be here again.

MrKleen

Reaction score
This is all BULLSH..T
I have been on this forum sense Nov 09.. seen it grow, learned TONS! I finally rooted my phone and installed adamz way back, blackdroid came along and really got the ball rolling... Tryed all kinds of roms.. Can we start some kind of donate paypal up so all the devs get a cut and yes I know there is more to it then money... But i mean damn! All this drama the past few days had put a bad taste in my mouth.. I love android no dought, people are always asking, is that the moto :motdroidhoriz:... i tell them about it what it can do and always tell them about this forum on how awsome it is.. Out of all the roms i have tryed.. CM UD AD BB etc etc.. UD/ChevyNo1 1.25 Kernal ran the fastest, coolest, best battery life, and was themed to how I like it.. I HATE THIS ALL HAD TO HAPPEN LIKE THIS!!!!!!!! We are SPARTA! not the APPLEZIETZ!!!
I wish there was a way to go back in time and be able to keep this all from happening.. A few letters typed on a keyboard could have prevented us ALL specially new people to android from getting this setback! Yes i see it as a setback! now we all have to go to all differnt places to find out about new things and answers to our problems! ITS A SAD DAY! :mad::icon_evil:

MODS/ADMINS!
Is there ANY way for everyone! All of you guys to get together in a voice, chat room, anything! to get this taken care of?!?!?! I dont like how it ended! NOT GOOD FOR THE WHOLE OF ANDROID COMMUNITY:reddroid:, world wide!!

PLEASE CAN'T WE ALLLLLLLLL GETTTT AAAAAALLLLLOOOONNNNGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!:icon_eek:

Blackdroid had the power to end all this but instead chose to let the forum down. If he had taken another day and really given more thought to his response this would all be on the road to being behind us.

I liked the Ulitimate Rom and wish Blackdroid hadn't let us down.

Digon

Reaction score
Ghey....Pigs Get FAT and Hogs get Slaughters! by by Droid forums! I'm out! UD had the highest downloads and posts! and answered everyone's questions here.

DF giving in to someones highschool rant! he copied me booo hooo hoo! whatever its a free source Nice job! I'm keeping tabs on ULTIMATEDROID.COM

ibnetman

Reaction score
wow, well that was really, really, ugly...i think it's safe to add my opinion now. I've been watching this whole thing from the sidelines.

I think both parties (including user bases) could have handled this much better but unfortunately it got so bad that this was the only option to rectify the situation. It sucks indeed as i've seen that the blackdroid section was very helpful to it's users but speaking with df's future in mind i feel it's wasn't worth all the drama and applaud the mod's for making this difficult decision despite whatever outcome. Some may view it as not fair but in end i think it's better for the df community as a whole. (i mean it got really ugly to the point some of our own devs were thinking of leaving).

One thing i do find hurtful (being a member of this site since the droid's launch, out of the three forums i visited to scour for info df was the one i enjoyed posting on and always came back to) are the comments that df is going to see a large decrease in members. Afaik df has always had a large member base, i always viewed that much of the ud user base was already on df before ud even existed, but i def don't deny all the new comers that joined because of ud.

Also to all those that say they have no reason to come back here anymore. All that was said was that df was no longer the "official home" to df it won't have a section anymore but from my understanding this forum can still be a place to find help, or are all ud related posts not allowed anymore? Ud may not be hosted here anymore but i don't see why support and help with rom would suddenly go away. Df was always about learning about the droid and helping one another. Long before we had devs sections there still were threads asking help for a particular rom and a lot of us would try hard to help. I don't see how this is any different? Again this is assuming that all ud posts are banned (which i doubt).

Anyway it was an interesting event, i never thought this would ever happen at df, but i sure hope this is the end of it and hopefully we can prevent this happening in the future. I still think there should be a "duke it out" section haha where rants, and arguments can be handled without much moderation. I think it's healthy lol

here are some dancing bananas for my thoughts:
:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

+1000

agree!

Droidfish

Reaction score
people are still confusing roms and themes. a good rom isn't supposed to be all pretty, its supposed to work and to tell you the truth most major roms are all stable and "snapppppppy" everyone just has better luck with some. I wouldnt care if a rom came with new kids on block launcher(request) because the first thing i'm gonna do is apply REALigion and Xeudoxus' super wicked DarkEdge theme;)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

ldimick

Reaction score
In my personal opionion I am staying far away from Cyanogen due to Clockwork recovery. When BD went to that I had nothing but problems trying to flash and recover from a bad flash using CW and rom manager.. I was so happy and :icon_ banana:'s when he went back to SP and nandroid.

The problems were caused by a third party piece of code that did not allow the path string to be longer than 500 characters long. Some file of UD had a path to the cache directory that was too long. How is that Koush's fault? Koush found the problem and fixed it. Not BD.

ldimick

Reaction score
With a little bit of research you would have found that the problem was with Ultimate Droid and was easily fixable. Strange how people make such rash decisions and statements.
When you need your phone to work you need it to work. SP never let me down. With CW if may have been this, It may have been that. It's hear say. But I know what works for me and I'm sticking with it.

That's like blaming Ford for your car not running after you get a bad batch of gas.

srtfool32

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
anyone think he is being stubborn bc he made a mistake with files and is trying to figure it out and that he had his own for it? why does everyone only look at it one way. anyone see a post from bd in reply to all this to say whats up?

Droidfish

Reaction score
blind allegiance bores me and the bickering i'm doing is beneath me....
.... I'll retreat to the shadows until the drama blows over....
...peace

ibnetman

Reaction score
people are still confusing roms and themes. a good rom isn't supposed to be all pretty, its supposed to work and to tell you the truth most major roms are all stable and "snapppppppy" everyone just has better luck with some. I wouldnt care if a rom came with new kids on block launcher(request) because the first thing i'm gonna do is apply REALigion and Xeudoxus' super wicked DarkEdge theme;)

thats not out yet as far as i have seen... am i wrong?

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
This is exactly why i havent rooted my droid yet aside from the fact it voids the warranty. There is tons of drama that have to do with developers and too much competition which makes for a good product but a worse experience.

The 2 i was looking at were Cyanogen and Ultimate Droid and the drama between the 2 has just caused me to go the opposite direction and stay stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.