DroidForums.net PW HELP!!!!

M

MiXoLoGiSt2

Edit by Admin:

For those of you having this issue, please try the steps below:

We have seen this problem occur from time to time and it usually is a cookie problem. I would suggest trying to following and that should help narrow down the problem or even fix it. Once you are in, you can usually switch right back to your normal browser without issue as long as you clear the cookies.

1. Try a different web browser. Ie (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Safari) and see if you are able to log in with the password you received in your email with a different browser.

If you are, proceed to step 2.

2. Now that we know the password and account work, try clearing all your cookies in your existing browser and then logging in. Sometimes cookies get corrupt and they prevent you from logging in, and this is an easy fix so you can continue to use your favorite browser.

-------------

I am having trouble logging on my account but on my other name. It was telling me my PW was wrong so i have reset it and it was telling me that the resetted PW was wrong when i copied and pasted it from the Email itself. I have done this twice with no luck. The link to the account im talking about is http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mem...ixologist.html. Can you please help me because i dont want to start all over. I have created this account i am on now only to fix my other account and then this account will be deleted.

Thank you!
MiXoLoGiSt

Bartender

Reaction score
Hmm seems nobody can help me with this huh? This is MiXoLoGiSt by the way. Same thing happened with my MiXoLoGiSt2 account and the same thing will happen with this one...

Alot of Admins have received a PM about this and i hope one of them can help me. For the admins that did please E-Mail me at the Email address i provided to be sure i get your responses because the same thing may happen with this account as well once i log offline.

OP
J

JohnDroid

We have seen this problem occur from time to time and it usually is a cookie problem. I would suggest trying to following and that should help narrow down the problem or even fix it. Once you are in, you can usually switch right back to your normal browser without issue as long as you clear the cookies.

1. Try a different web browser. Ie (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Safari) and see if you are able to log in with the password you received in your email with a different browser.

If you are, proceed to step 2.

2. Now that we know the password and account work, try clearing all your cookies in your existing browser and then logging in. Sometimes cookies get corrupt and they prevent you from logging in, and this is an easy fix so you can continue to use your favorite browser.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Thank you for the help and im not sure why i didnt think of cookies. I am back on my account! :icon_ banana: I will be going to delete the other 2 i have created and thanks again!

BenB2362

Reaction score
I had the same issue this morning this thread talks to. I used the "need a password reset" approach and still couldn't get logged in. After deleting my cookies the new login worked. :)

How many users are having this issue? While it is true that cookies, among other objects, can become corrupted it is not common. Knowing how many users are having the issue can help locate the source. For example - If the number of users having the issue is high and if it is happening to IE users as well as others the issue is likely to be the site software. If it is just IE users internet settings could be the issue.

So..how many users had or are having the issue and what are you using to access the internet? IE, Mozzila, etc.

faganm24

Reaction score
I had the same issue this morning this thread talks to. I used the "need a password reset" approach and still couldn't get logged in. After deleting my cookies the new login worked. :)

How many users are having this issue? While it is true that cookies, among other objects, can become corrupted it is not common. Knowing how many users are having the issue can help locate the source. For example - If the number of users having the issue is high and if it is happening to IE users as well as others the issue is likely to be the site software. If it is just IE users internet settings could be the issue.

So..how many users had or are having the issue and what are you using to access the internet? IE, Mozzila, etc.

I had this problem on Internet Explorer. Of note, I had to uncheck "Preserve favorites website data" under Tools, Delete Browsing History.

BenB2362

Reaction score
It's the cookies. You can experience this issue whether your using IE or Firefox.

As the thread above says "try clearing all your cookies in your existing browser and then logging in. Sometimes cookies get corrupt and they prevent you from logging in, and this is an easy fix so you can continue to use your favorite browser". Fixed the issue for me and I noticed after changing my password that the message for clearing my cookies displayed for the site.

DeadRipper

Reaction score
I use Google Chrome and for the life of me I can not log in with this browser. Ive tried deleting the cookies but no luck. Any ideas? Im forced to use IE :icon_eek:

gertman

Reaction score
SAME!!! This website when using Google Chrome is acting very wierd!! I can not log in either.

Mosca

Reaction score
Same here; Firefox and Mac OS-X 10.6.3. Logged in using Safari, it worked.

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
I followed the instructions and still can't log in with IE 8.

Now what? Firefox works but I prefer to use IE.

fetchman

Reaction score
This fix didn't help me

I reset my password and still could not log in so I downloaded Safari and was able to log in without problem. I then changed the temp password, cleared the cookies in IE 8 and tried again. Still can not log in with IE 8. Safari works just fine. I don't want to continue using Safari for various reasons so can someone help me out? I don't really want to lose all of my IE favorites (like another poster indicated worked) so....

mrdroid

Reaction score
I had to use CCleaner to wipe all my data on my PC then go back in. What's weird is I couldn't get it to work on any computer... or my Droid. I wasn't really using a secure password so I thought my account got hacked.

Thanks JohnDroid for the PM on my mrdroid2 account. I don't want to log back into that account and potentially screw up my settings.