DroidForums.net Podcast: 9/26/16

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Here we talk about our final thoughts on Allo. Our battery expert puts the lid on Samsung's batterygate, is HTC Ocean HTC's chance to get back to the HTC of old, as well as our thoughts on Google Pixel and Andromeda.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Good stuff gentlemen!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey

If you use OK Google & are concerned about what they might have recorded, you can check it here: https://myactivity.google.com/myactivity?restrict=vaa&utm_source=help

If you have a Nexus Player, every time you talk into the remote it's being recorded. Curious, I took a look at what it saved for me. One thing I found funny is that it interpreted "2 ohm stable amp" as "do phone sex":confused:

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
For those that watched this do us a favor. We need an honest critique of what we did well and where we can improve.

We among ourselves already highlighted areas to improve, ie the silence during hand offs.

We look to involve the DF community soon during a live broadcast and we want to be able to bring forth a product that people can pop in their car stereo and check out during the drive to or from work. So help us improve to get to that point.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
PC it's great, but, it's really long, how about several clips or shorter. Not that the information isn't quality, and it's great getting to know you guys better. Hope this makes sense.

Sent from my New Note 7

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
PC it's great, but, it's really long, how about several clips or shorter. Not that the information isn't quality, and it's great getting to know you guys better. Hope this makes sense.

Sent from my New Note 7
Might not hurt to offer the full discussion as one, then each segment as separate, so if there's something you really want to hear about, you can just listen/watch that. Or you can put the whole thing on.

I know folks with LONG commutes that'll listen to an hour long podcast, but that's definitely not everyone.

Good thing to think on.

Thanks for the feedback, even though it's PC's brain child & I merely got a chance to participate.

Sent from my Moto Z

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Might not hurt to offer the full discussion as one, then each segment as separate, so if there's something you really want to hear about, you can just listen/watch that. Or you can put the whole thing on.

I know folks with LONG commutes that'll listen to an hour long podcast, but that's definitely not everyone.

Good thing to think on.

Thanks for the feedback, even though it's PC's brain child & I merely got a chance to participate.

Sent from my Moto Z

I am definitely all for critiques and partnerships because I realize that it is going to take just more than my brain to make it better.

That is why I wanted honest input so we can make it better. It's one thing to be at a recital cheering for your child but another when you are passing out cds and trying to tell everyone you know about it. Right now I realize we are recital level but want to get to where people are sharing it with friends and co-workers because it is worthy of being shared.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I am definitely all for critiques and partnerships because I realize that it is going to take just more than my brain to make it better.

That is why I wanted honest input so we can make it better. It's one thing to be at a recital cheering for your child but another when you are passing out cds and trying to tell everyone you know about it. Right now I realize we are recital level but want to get to where people are sharing it with friends and co-workers because it is worthy of being shared.
Maybe this isn't the place to be asking you and feel free to delete my post if you'd rather discuss in private, but are you ripping the sound from these and uploading them to wherever podcasts go to? Or do you intend to at some point?

I know Google Play does podcasts now and there are several other apps/etc. that do so, but I usually just hit the YT videos of the ones that I casually follow here and there.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

Sent from my New Note 7
This is great feedback and we'll deserved. The duration is something we had every intention of making shorter. One obvious way of doing that is to limit the number of topics to just three or so as you mentioned. That's an easy fix. I do believe we had more topics because we didn't know for sure just how much each topic would bring in commentary.

Another is to keep the responses to just one or two commentators for each topic (rather than all three), however differing points of view I believe actually brings a better experience and provides much greater valuable information as well clarifying and reinforcing some vague or fragmented points.

Still another way is how the media industry does it, and that is to actually limit response times by the clock. We all did go on a bit (ya think?), in several point responses. In defense, we really have no mind to time and were simply having "a discussion" much like you might with friends at a bar. We didn't go into it intending to keep the podcast to a specific length but instead for beta testing the process. As we fine tune things we will certainly trim it down however the point is well taken.

Any other observations, critiques, complements?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Maybe this isn't the place to be asking you and feel free to delete my post if you'd rather discuss in private, but are you ripping the sound from these and uploading them to wherever podcasts go to? Or do you intend to at some point?

I would like that to eventually be the case. Now I have to admit I am green on the process so will need more input there. But right now I was mainly using YT until we are ready to grow beyond the walls of the backroom and the forum.

Hopefully that answered your question.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I would like that to eventually be the case. Now I have to admit I am green on the process so will need more input there. But right now I was mainly using YT until we are ready to grow beyond the walls of the backroom and the forum.

Hopefully that answered your question.
Yes. You did. That's what I thought was the case, but just wanted to put the idea in your head if you didn't already have it there.