droidforums.net has bugs!

OP
Rewlaz

Rewlaz

Reaction score
Yes, that was me. I just sent you another email a few minutes ago.. I will remove your account, but we would really like to get this fixed if there is a problem. Please forward the notifications to my email address (listed in the email).

Thanks, Dan

Do you have two accounts, one under a different email address?
I only have one account. I am guessing you are the one who emailed me yesterday asking what my user name was. Maybe it would be easier just to delete the account. The only reason why I am even asking on how to delete my account is so I can start a new account and use a different email address.
I got your email, it went to my new address, I just sent you a reply. I think your idea about not deleting my account is better. Just wanted to say thanks for the help and sorry if I came across as a jerk about the situation. Been a bit hectic here at home and the constant notifications didn't help.

J

JohnDroid

The bug issue has already been addressed.

On the issue of getting emails, any threads that you are already subscribed too won't have their notification methods changed when you change your preference.

You have to change them a page at a time. You will see your threads your subscribed too on the list, and the notification for each one on the right.

Click the check box at the top to select all the posts on that page that you are subscribed too and then at the bottom with the drop down menu, select what notification method you want to change too.

DougDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was having same problem. Finally I had to mark it as Spam in my gmail. Problem fixed

I wouldn't recommend doing this because if you do get an alert that you are interested in from the site you will never see it.

Please use the method that JohnDroid suggested on the previous post.

OP
Rewlaz

Rewlaz

Reaction score
The bug issue has already been addressed.

On the issue of getting emails, any threads that you are already subscribed too won't have their notification methods changed when you change your preference.

You have to change them a page at a time. You will see your threads your subscribed too on the list, and the notification for each one on the right.

Click the check box at the top to select all the posts on that page that you are subscribed too and then at the bottom with the drop down menu, select what notification method you want to change too.
Are you going to get email notifications even if you delete the subscribed thread?

baruch

Reaction score
droidforum aggravating bug!!!??

One would think that a forum on droids would NOT be subject to annoyances such as NO blinking cursor here (in this reply box) or when clicking on 'search box'???? Obviously, when typing and would like to insert a word or make a correction, its hit or miss/trial&error as to where the cursor should be. If this forum can't provide a solution to this, how can other solutions given be trusted?????

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just made a filter in gmail
I was having a similar issue, so I ended up just making a filter in gmail and now I'm not getting the notifications anymore. I had also tried several things.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was having same problem. Finally I had to mark it as Spam in my gmail. Problem fixed

I wouldn't recommend doing this because if you do get an alert that you are interested in from the site you will never see it.

Please use the method that JohnDroid suggested on the previous post.
Setting up a filter is much easier because you still might get some important emails from the site.

baruch

Reaction score
Why did I receive a notication has nothing to do with my Q

JayMonster

Reaction score
One would think that a forum on droids would NOT be subject to annoyances such as NO blinking cursor here (in this reply box) or when clicking on 'search box'???? Obviously, when typing and would like to insert a word or make a correction, its hit or miss/trial&error as to where the cursor should be. If this forum can't provide a solution to this, how can other solutions given be trusted?????

Let me see if I can answer some of your questions. Please bear in mind, I am only a visitor here and my views do not represent those of the administrators or owners of this board, only my own personal opinion, and only I should be held accountable for them.

1st of all there are a lot of people here, well beyond the great people that put this together and those that help keep it running smoothly, that help provide answers to problem and or questions with the Droid.

Second, this is a forum with questions and answers about a phone, and not a BBS. Yes, vBulletin may have some issues, most OpenSource or free bulletin boards do... and they get fixed... eventually.

Third... you interject in the middle of a conversation, and you don't understand why you get a reply that isn't directed at your question? Really? OK, well see when you join in a conversation, you get the next reply to the thread (at least, depending on your settings) whether it is to you or a reply to somebody else in the conversation. Pretty standard BBS stuff.

Obviously it would be nice if the cursor blinked in the proper location. And reporting it in a civil tone in case (since you don't know if they have already reported it back to the developers of the BBS) would certainly garner you a better reply.

But being a smug, self-important jack-ass only gets you a reply from an angry member that doesn't appreciate your asinine tone. You have gotten more than your money's worth out of what you paid (nothing) to be a member of this community.