DroidForums Mobile Site

billyidle

Reaction score
Mobile site loads fine, however, clicking on any links loads the full site rather than the mobile site. Changed about a week ago for me.

OP
billyidle

billyidle

Reaction score
I see no benefit to using a seperate program for one single forum, when the mobile site here works so well (up until last week).
Also, the tapatalk popup on half the forums I go to ensures I will never use that product.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
I see no benefit to using a seperate program for one single forum, when the mobile site here works so well (up until last week).
Also, the tapatalk popup on half the forums I go to ensures I will never use that product.

+1, and I am also sick of the "there's an app for this forum, click to download" that pops up with every page. The droidforums app is handy, for sure, but it doesnt do things like open linked threads within the app.

Sent from the Blue Falcon cockpit on my Fission 2.4.3 D2G

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mobile site loads fine, however, clicking on any links loads the full site rather than the mobile site. Changed about a week ago for me.

Try clearing all your data and cookies, log out, and then sign back in. If the problem continues send me a pm and I'll have someone look at it for you.

OP
billyidle

billyidle

Reaction score
Thanks bill, tried that with no success. The forum loads fine in its mobile form, however, any link redirects me to the full site rather than its mobile counterpart.

J

JohnDroid

Guys, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the Mobile skin is fraught with errors. I worked long and hard on it but it's a big task to keep it updated and seemingly any small change we make here breaks part of it.

Now, we do plan to upgrade to the latest version of VB4 and that does have a mobile skin built in... but until then this will likely remain broken.

I agree that Tapatalk is a better alternative, and we do have a free version so cost isn't an issue. But, for those people who don't want to install an app I see how the Mobile Skin is what they want... but it's unfortunately a huge time sink for such a small percentage of users.

It will have to stay kind of broken until we do that upgrade, sorry!

OP
billyidle

billyidle

Reaction score
Fair enough, thank you for the explanation and good luck with the upgrades.