DroidForums Best Android Smartphones of 2015 Poll

Which of these are your top two choices for best smartphone of 2015? (These are in no particular ord

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
the-best-2015.png

It's that time of year again. December is here, and the year is fading fast! What better way is there to celebrate the waning year than to highlight some of the coolest mobile tech gadgets that came out?

Of course, in our neck of the woods, the main things we focus on are Android smartphones, so that's the list we are putting together. Picking the best of the best is actually a pretty tough choice this year because we had a large variety of excellent flagship smartphones launch.

Here in your editorial department, we don't really like to read our own opinions as much as we would rather read yours. Just as in the past, that means we are doing a poll. This year we will make the poll results open. That way we can see what each others' choices were, including the News Team. We encourage everyone to chime in and voice your opinion. Here is the DroidForums Best Android Smartphones of 2015 Poll!

Which of these are your top two choices for best Android smartphones of 2015? (These are in no particular order.)
  • LG V10
  • LG G4
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 5
  • Samsung Galaxy S6
  • Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
  • Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+
  • Motorola X Pure Edition
  • Motorola Droid Turbo 2
  • Motorola Droid MAXX 2
  • Motorola Moto X Play
  • HTC One M9
  • HTC One M9+
  • OnePlus X
  • OnePlus 2
  • Google Nexus 6P
  • Google Nexus 5X
  • Sony Xperia Z4
  • Sony Xperia Z5
  • Blackberry Priv
  • Other
We are going to leave this poll up for the rest of the year, so you will have plenty of time to make your choice. We might have forgotten your favorite phone (or excluded it for low availability or adoption) so be sure to pick the "other" category and tell us your choice. Also, feel free to explain why you made your choice.

We have to hand it to the Android OEMs. They really had some amazing products this year.

Last edited:

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Would have voted for the Note 5 but Samsung Pay is so limited in availability I can't vote for it. They touted it as a feature everyone would use except the number of banks that are using it is still quite small.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Would have voted for the Note 5 but Samsung Pay is so limited in availability I can't vote for it. They touted it as a feature everyone would use except the number of banks that are using it is still quite small.

Have you tried Android Pay?

Reactions: cr6

Kwick High Tech

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung s6
I think Samsung s5 is the best android phone. Because of its graphics and user friendliness.
Plus it runs game apps like Temple Run, Super Mario, Sniper

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I think Samsung s5 is the best android phone. Because of its graphics and user friendliness.
Plus it runs game apps like Temple Run, Super Mario, Sniper
How does that differ from the S6?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I had to Vote V10 even though I haven't actually seen one yet. ON paper it's awesome. And of course T2 (which I've only owned for about 2 hours so that could change).

kevtop53

Reaction score
I have the V 10 and it is fantastic!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Note 5 for my #1 choice Nexus 6P for my #1a choice. Last year this time the word Samsung was a curse word as I could not stand touchwiz. Yet 3 weeks ago here was I having a nexus 6p in hand and a note 5 and had to make a choice between which to keep. I think one of the main reasons I leaned Note 5 was because I had a Nexus 6 in hand still. And with a case the Nexus 6P just looked too much like my nexus 6 (yeah I know there is a fingerprint scanner and a thinner frame). Because the Nexus 6P felt like "been there done that and nothing that different from my Nexus 6" I ended up leaning toward the Note 5. Just the overall feel along with a much better touchwiz, as well as me not caring so much about root anymore, made the Note 5 a better fit.

Funny because I believe @Jonny Kansas was 180 from me six months ago having a Note 4 and talking about touchwiz not being so bad, which I did not want to hear at the time, and here we are with me with a Note 5 and him with a Nexus 6P. Whats wrong with the world?:p

Thanks @dgstorm for posting this thread.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Note 5 for my #1 choice Nexus 6P for my #1a choice. Last year this time the word Samsung was a curse word as I could not stand touchwiz. Yet 3 weeks ago here was I having a nexus 6p in hand and a note 5 and had to make a choice between which to keep. I think one of the main reasons I leaned Note 5 was because I had a Nexus 6 in hand still. And with a case the Nexus 6P just looked too much like my nexus 6 (yeah I know there is a fingerprint scanner and a thinner frame). Because the Nexus 6P felt like "been there done that and nothing that different from my Nexus 6" I ended up leaning toward the Note 5. Just the overall feel along with a much better touchwiz, as well as me not caring so much about root anymore, made the Note 5 a better fit.

Funny because I believe @Jonny Kansas was 180 from me six months ago having a Note 4 and talking about touchwiz not being so bad, which I did not want to hear at the time, and here we are with me with a Note 5 and him with a Nexus 6P. Whats wrong with the world?

Thanks @dgstorm for posting this thread.
Yup. The tables have completely turned & I'm loving my 6P.

Though, to be fair, before the Note 4 caught my eye, I had sworn I'd go back to a Nexus device last year.

Sent from my Nexus 6P