Droidforums App transparent

jatx2wne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This app should work for both rooted and non rooted users. If you find any issues please let me know.

Make sure you use the DARK THEME....if you dont you wont be able to read the text in the threads, and yes currently you do lose the ability to have both themes.

So here it is fully transparent DF app....DFtrans.apk

Install instructions: Uninstall your current DF app then install this like any other app

aefc28ae-f7b7-bab4.jpg
aefc28ae-f7f8-d0f5.jpg

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
jatx - I would be interested in an .xml changelog of sorts - it would be nice to have tapatalk pro done but it will have to be in the form of a MM or one would have to do the work themselves (since it's a paid application) -

I posted in the other thread before I clicked this link - but in case you missed it, awesome work here and it is highly appreciated :happy:

OP
jatx2wne

jatx2wne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks guys.... TP as far as a changelog it would go something like this change a whole bunch of things and hope it compiles.....flash and see what changed lol. I think mostly what I changed was in android manifest I added style theme.wallpaper and in styles.xml I changed those parents to theme.wallpaper. Then in the layout folder I basically changed every background to transparent. I dont remember exacts but thats the jist of it. Im definitely willing to help you with tapatalk thats what I use so Im definitely interested in doing it. Feel free to hit me up on gtalk same name.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Great work. This is the first thing to make me pick up the df app in some time. I would love to see you guys put together a mm for tapatalk.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Jordan8

Reaction score
It looks great, one problem im having though when I push the home key to get out of the app, then click on the app again its restarted its self.

Edit: If I go back into the app by holding the home key & select it from recent apps it doesn't restart, does what its suppose to. Selecting it from menu/shortcut on main screen does cause it to restart though.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
It looks great, one problem im having though when I push the home key to get out of the app, then click on the app again its restarted its self.

Edit: If I go back into the app by holding the home key & select it from recent apps it doesn't restart, does what its suppose to. Selecting it from menu/shortcut on main screen does cause it to restart though.

This has nothing to do with the work that jatx has done - just how the application operates

Jordan8

Reaction score

This has nothing to do with the work that jatx has done - just how the application operates

It didn't operate that way in the app from the market. I just restarted my phone though & its working fine now.

Thanks for your work jatx :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have been back and forth between this and tapatalk all day - I haven't seen any issues as of yet - now to do tapatalk pro

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Good stuff Jax!! :thumbsup: