droidforums app problem....

Erikbal

Reaction score
Sorry dont know where to put this... I just went to open the droid forums app and it said it was not installed on my phone so I looked and sure enough it wasn't. So I went to the market to download it and it went to install and said insufficent storage. I haven't even used a gig of storage on my phone and checked my storage and have tons of room. I tried a couple other times and same thing. Any ideas?

akhi216

Reaction score
Sorry dont know where to put this... I just went to open the droid forums app and it said it was not installed on my phone so I looked and sure enough it wasn't. So I went to the market to download it and it went to install and said insufficent storage. I haven't even used a gig of storage on my phone and checked my storage and have tons of room. I tried a couple other times and same thing. Any ideas?

The Droid Forums app installs to the internal SD card/Media Area on download by default. To avoid further problems once you install it, go to Settings>Manage Apps>Droid Forums>Move to Phone. For some reason Android doesn't really like apps to SD and will cause all sorts of problems. As of now, you need to go to Settings>Manage Apps>Media Area (should be at the top) and move any apps that you have from Media Area to Phone before you attempt to download the app again. Also try clearing you market cache.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
E

Erikbal

Reaction score
Now it downloaded and said something about the file invalid or something I forgot exactly what.

riderone

Reaction score
I've had the invalid file message several times also when downloading, I just reboot the phone and everything downloads and installs fine then.

OP
E

Erikbal

Reaction score
Ok tried it again and it said insufficent storage available. What the hell? I've got TONS of memory on my phone I've hardly touched it!

OP
E

Erikbal

Reaction score
I'm going to try it again now...ok I looked at what was on my sd card and it still had something to the with the forum on it so I chose to move it to phone and it said it wasn't installed so I hit uninstall and tried to download it AGAIN and it said package file is invalid. Getting very frustrated with this. Would much rather use the app than the website.