DroidForums Android App Highlight: Flipboard

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Feb 6, 2014.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,607
    [​IMG]

Sometimes, even when an app hits it big and becomes one of the defining apps of an ecosystem, it can still be overlooked by some. We thought it would be useful to highlight some very useful apps from time-to-time. Most of the time, most of you will have already heard of or been using most of these apps. Just in case someone out there was unaware of them, we want to make sure to share them. Of course, occasionally we might find a "diamond in the rough" that hasn't been used much and/or isn't one of the popular kids on the block. This will make our idea to highlight Android apps all the more useful.

To start off this series, let's begin with a very useful app called Flipboard. Here's the basic low-down on Flipboard... not only is it a great app for catching up with various news items from multiple sources, it also happens to be one of the best (if not the best) aggregator app for following your social networks. Flipboard's defining characteristic is that you can "sync" it up with nearly all of your social apps, from Facebook, to Twitter, to Tumblr, to Google+ and more. In all, Flipboard will handle up to 12 social apps at once giving you a one stop shop to check out what all of your connections are up to and to update them on what you are up to. Here's a quote from the Google Play Store description with the full details,

Overall, this is a great app if you are even just a medium user of social networks. It also happens to do some other cool things as well. If you haven't tried it already, check it out at the Google Play Store source link below.

Source: Google Play Store - Flipboard
  2. johnomaz

johnomaz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +308
    I used to like Flipboard until my Note 3 came with it preloaded and if you swipe up from the bottom you are staring at it. You can't disable it. You can't remove it. I no longer like Flipboard.
  3. Crankintopwater69

Crankintopwater69 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +85
    Same here,I've used and for some reason,I lost interest and never looked back.

Sent from my Note 3 rockin Jelly Bean 4.3
  4. bigdad63

bigdad63 Member

Ratings:
    +10
    I have never been able to keep TouchWiz, and it seems that launchers disable this feature. At least in my VZW N3.
Search tags for this page

delete my magazine note 3

disable flipboard from note 3

disable my magazine note 3

galaxy note 3 can't disable flipboard

how to delete my magazine from note 3

how to disable my magazine note 3

remove my magazine from note 3
uninstall my magazine note 3