Droiders for Haiti

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Well I'm sure you all are aware of the event in Haiti. I would like to ask all droid forum members to donate to some cause that will help this devastated country. I am going to do some research to find agencies that are actively helping and try to post a list asap for anyone who want to contribute. if anyone wants to help with this feel free. I just felt something should be said about this on here.

This is from the new york times has a list of agencies planning on helping.

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/01/13/haiti-disaster-relief-how-to-contribute/

Last edited:

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like the idea, however one has to be very careful that the money is definitely going to Haiti and not into someone's pockets. Lessons were hopefully learned after Hurricane Katrina.

My thoughts and prayers are with the people of Haiti. I am a ham radio operator and standing by to pass health and welfare messages as it warrants.

mekishiko

Reaction score
Go to the following link, I have donated for a very long time to organizations based on their ratings. They take the financial records of the group and break down the percentages to show how much is actually going to helping people. (Normally this information IS available to people, but only after you donate, and often times it is difficult, and you have to pay for copies of their records.)

They have a special page up now for Haiti Relief organizations with some tips.

PS: STAY AWAY FROM YELE HAITI AND OPERATION BLESSING.
(Pat Roberts and Wyclef=despicable)

Charity Navigator - Help Survivors of the Earthquake in Haiti

I like the idea, however one has to be very careful that the money is definitely going to Haiti and not into someone's pockets. Lessons were hopefully learned after Hurricane Katrina.

My thoughts and prayers are with the people of Haiti. I am a ham radio operator and standing by to pass health and welfare messages as it warrants.