DroidDent

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If I run my finger across the speaker grill... I can feel this 'dent' where the opening for the speaker is. However, looking at the grill with and without the battery cover on, from all angles, I can't actually see a 'dent' in the grill.

So no issue here :) ... nor should anyone else worry

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Are you guys crazy ? How can you say it's the user fault , this is a mobile phone intended for daily use , not something to keep in a showcase .And it's not like this is the first mobile phone they built , they should have an idea by now about the abuse a phone will take during it's lifetime , otherwise why would they put a gorrila glass on it .It's like getting a remote control which will shatter to pieces at the first drop from the table , well I shouldn't drop the remote , but it'll eventually happen . On my Droid I had to remove the battery because it froze and without any effort the grill just bended . What the hell is this , I had a Nokia flying through a drywall and the only result was a scratch smaller than this bend . At least they could sell the stickers , everybody will have this problem .

hellabooya

Reaction score
If I run my finger across the speaker grill... I can feel this 'dent' where the opening for the speaker is. However, looking at the grill with and without the battery cover on, from all angles, I can't actually see a 'dent' in the grill.

So no issue here :) ... nor should anyone else worry

Why do people keep on saying this. Obviously the speaker grill does not come shipped with a dent in it. What everyone is talking about is how easy it is to dent the speaker grill from every day use and how ridiculous it is.

Adroid91

Reaction score
Mine got mashed in pretty good not sure how but something pushed on right were that weak spot is. Is the speaker directly beneath it?, because i was worried that i might have damaged it

loonie01

Reaction score
Speaker Dent

My Droid also has a dent in on the speaker grill. I though it was there when I bought it. It doesn't hinder the speaker in any way so bump it. It actually looks kinda kool cause it's dead smack in the middle. If it was off to the side I would be kinda pissed.

elijah.357

Reaction score
Droid Dent Fix

View attachment 3342

View attachment 3343

View attachment 3344

I found a way to prevent this from happening to your droid, or to mask it if you've already suffered "droid dent". I just fabricated a replacement screen made of solid brass mesh. You have to use a certain size mesh to get it just right, but outside of the slight difference in color...it looks factory.

I'm trying to attach some pics. I think there may be a market for this, but to be honest...its a really cheap fix! If anyone is interested in one, feel free to hit me up at elijah(dot)357(at)hotmail(dot)com

JCo352

Reaction score
wow that looks pretty official...i thought i had this same problem when i felt there but i turned the light on and there wasn't dent whew scared me for a sec

OP
thebourbonnflip
Reaction score
View attachment 3342

View attachment 3343

View attachment 3344

I found a way to prevent this from happening to your droid, or to mask it if you've already suffered "droid dent". I just fabricated a replacement screen made of solid brass mesh. You have to use a certain size mesh to get it just right, but outside of the slight difference in color...it looks factory.

I'm trying to attach some pics. I think there may be a market for this, but to be honest...its a really cheap fix! If anyone is interested in one, feel free to hit me up at elijah(dot)357(at)hotmail(dot)com

is the sound quality still pretty good??

elijah.357

Reaction score
View attachment 3342

View attachment 3343

View attachment 3344

is the sound quality still pretty good??

That was my major concern.

The sound is PERFECT with this grill!!!!

nphil

Reaction score
Well. I never noticed the dent until now :(

Do you ever get that feeling, like when your hot new toy gets damaged in some way, even the slightest way, it just doesn't feel that special anymore?

Just realized how I made that dent. Every time I push my battery cover back in, I use my thumb to push the cover up and it ends up bending the speaker grill.. :/

Last edited:

elijah.357

Reaction score
Well. I never noticed the dent until now :(

Do you ever get that feeling, like when your hot new toy gets damaged in some way, even the slightest way, it just doesn't feel that special anymore?

Keep in mind that the dent is merely cosmetic and can be fixed quite easiliy!

The Droid is still an awesome phone!!!

There are bigger things in life to worry about.:)

nphil

Reaction score
True true, but I have to return this unit I have anyway due to unrelated problems (sound crackle/skips). Sent ya a pm btw.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
I can see a dented grill in half of the pictures posted on this forum . I think there is a market for 10$ replacement grills :laugh:

elijah.357

Reaction score
I can see a dented grill in half of the pictures posted on this forum . I think there is a market for 10$ replacement grills :laugh:

I dont know smokie-da-bong...I was looking for one? :icon_rolleyes:

$10 is a little steep for a tiny piece of brass mesh, but I'd dish out a few bucks to protect/fix my droid.