DroidDent

Reaction score
so i didnt know how this happened but somehow my droid got a pretty nice dent on the middle of the speaker..i bought this phone from BB mobile and im still under my 30 day thing. i was just wanting to know if i could do an exchange just because of that. ?

Silver Member
Reaction score
do they charge a restocking fee on straight up returns on phones? if you can just return it without being charged, just take it back and get another one.

frankieg22x

Reaction score
I'm on my second droid and it doesn't seem like the speaker grill is properly attached in the middle. If you push on it, it will go in easily. Maybe some others can check theirs as well.

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm on my second droid and it doesn't seem like the speaker grill is properly attached in the middle. If you push on it, it will go in easily. Maybe some others can check theirs as well.
well... it's metal with a sticky backing that's covering a large speaker. it's a real speaker grill covering a real speaker. of course it's going to seem loose.

phoneWreck Motorola Droid Teardown Images!

OP
thebourbonnflip
Reaction score
well mine is clearly dented in right in the middle..it some what bother me but the sound is still amazing. i just wanted to know if bestbuy mobile can offer a replacement?

blufftontiger

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 64GB
Last night, I was running my finger along the speaker "grill" and noticed that it pushes in along the middle, closest to the "return, menu, home, search" end of the phone. I've only had the phone a couple of weeks and have never dropped or damaged the phone. Do you think it's just designed that way?

It's not dented, it springs back into place. It only moves when you press on it.

Silver Member
Reaction score
it's how it's put together. check the link i posted. it's a teardown of the DROID.

blufftontiger

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 64GB
Good catch...

it's how it's put together. check the link i posted. it's a teardown of the DROID.

You're right, that is how it's put together. The actual location of the speaker is the same location where my screen pushes in.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
There isn't an app for that, but a solution for all:

DON'T PUSH ON IT!

hellabooya

Reaction score
Has anyone found a website that sells a replacement speaker grill yet? My damn cat decided to take a few bites into the speaker cover when my alarm went off this morning. In my opinion verizon/motorola should offer replacement grill covers because they are so goddamn flimsy. I have read that they probably did this so people didn't tamper with the phone. If they didn't want people to tamper with the phone they should have chosen a different option then an obviously weak speaker cover, since it is on the outside of the phone and it protects the speaker. Just my two cents.

Damn cat.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Has anyone found a website that sells a replacement speaker grill yet? My damn cat decided to take a few bites into the speaker cover when my alarm went off this morning. In my opinion verizon/motorola should offer replacement grill covers because they are so goddamn flimsy. I have read that they probably did this so people didn't tamper with the phone. If they didn't want people to tamper with the phone they should have chosen a different option then an obviously weak speaker cover, since it is on the outside of the phone and it protects the speaker. Just my two cents.

Damn cat.

Verizon should offer you a replacement speaker cover because your cat screwed your cover up? I'm sorry, but I just don't understand that logic.

hellabooya

Reaction score

Damn cat.

Verizon should offer you a replacement speaker cover because your cat screwed your cover up? I'm sorry, but I just don't understand that logic.

Offer replacement covers TO BUY, sorry if I didn't make that clear. Obviously my cat biting my phone is not verizon/motorola's fault lol.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I think the Dent comes from taking the battery door off....

hellabooya

Reaction score
I think the Dent comes from taking the battery door off....

I have seen may people having this problem. The only easy solution I have come up with is to take off the battery cover from the top of the cover with one of your fingernails, as opposed to taking it off from the bottom with one of your fingers. Obviously I am assuming that taking the battery cover off from the bottom is the root of the problem, it does seem like the most likely of culprits.

In short take the battery cover off with one of your fingernails from the top of the cover and no one should have the problem of a dented speaker grill from battery cover removal.

OP
thebourbonnflip
Reaction score
lets say i have the dent where the speaker is..i really dont know how it happened, but i am still under best buy mobile 30 day warranty thing. i just want to know if best buy can still replace the phone?