[ROM] Droid4HD For JB

Discussion in 'Droid 4 ROMS' started by myfishbear, Oct 24, 2012.

1. smoysauce

smoysauce New Member

Sounds like you have a lot of experience and know-how. Hashcode is working on the newest version of SS that is going to have a lot of changes to it (like using the ext-SD card instead, and a lot more) I would recommend getting ahold of him and see if there is anything you can do to help him out and maybe get your ideas implemented.
  2. cdipier2

cdipier2 New Member

I finally got around to installing Droid 4 HD last night and so far everything is working great. The battery life is definitely much better then stock JB
  3. myfishbear

myfishbear Developer Developer

thank you ;)
  4. locomotive96

locomotive96 New Member

I like the rom, however, I can't seem to make the home button work. :(
  5. TechTinker

TechTinker New Member

So um I tried flashing it, and now the rom won't boot. I just went to my safestrap menu, clicked install and selected the JB D4HD, and JB GApps, and let that run. Now my phone won't boot into the rom, I can acess safestap though.
  6. jkcsho

jkcsho New Member

every time I try to flash any of your roms it says failed. im running an old backup of d4hd ics. It says signature verification failed. ne ideas?
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  7. komani86

komani86 New Member

Does anyone get a black screen after installing this ROM?

I came from CM10.1-JB (on slot 1 on the latest safestrap) and the rom doesnt boot up.
    I tried to install the old Droid4HD ICS version, that boots up and the same for CM10.1.

Am I missing something here? I saw some older posts that people were using adb, is that really necessary?
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
  8. audinutt

audinutt New Member

Have you updated your stock system to jellybean?
    if not do this first
  9. komani86

komani86 New Member

Ah I expected that not to be a problem since its a romslot on the internal SD, downloading the stock JB as im typing, since im from the NL I cant seem to do the OTA update. I'm gonna be installing this as mentioned here.

Wondering if I can use the old SafeStrap (2.11), where I dont need rom slots, does anyone know that?
  10. TechTinker

TechTinker New Member

If I update stock to JB do I need to re-root? And also is there a way to maybe shrink stock's size, but atleast bump up how much space my ROM slot gets? I'm starting to get low on storage and this is my daily driver, only one I use.
  11. komani86

komani86 New Member

Thats why I asked if its possible to use SS2.11, but please click links and read posts before you ask questions.. yes you will need to re-root but there is an droid4 utility app available that does it for you, see the link in the link i posted! I'm currently running stock JB and just rooted, it works.

I'm going to try and see if S2.11 works, if not i'll semi-brick the phone and will have to repeat the steps I just did again, but then everyone will know if it is possible to use SS2.11 (the no-romslot version!)
  12. TechTinker

TechTinker New Member

I looked over the post since the jb release, nothing helped my question until the update the stock rom to jb. You're post didn't help either. But thanks anyways. No usefull links in first post and i'll go google the D4 utility.
  13. RueTheDayTrebek

RueTheDayTrebek New Member

There is a long good tutorial in the rom threads that will explain this to you, fully. Going from ics to jb it's just easier to wipe everything and start fresh. Ss 2.11 to 3.x will render your backups obsolete, anyway. If you need more than 1gb of storage room for apps, specify 2gb storage space and you'll actually be using 3gb, altogether (because of system storage). Use the razr-blade app to reroot, rather than rootkeeper to save your old root. That thing has never worked. Be sure you have the ICS fast boot files on hand. Updating ota will save you a few steps if you let stock handle it. Remember, you only have 8 gigs total space for your partitions.
  14. komani86

komani86 New Member

[SCRIPT] DROID 4 Utility XT894 Jellybean -- Windows + Mac + Linux (All In One!) - xda-developers

Good luck!

just installed ss3.11 And installthover the stock rrom.som

works like a charm, just missing the 4.2 TriggWiFi/etcfor wifi
  15. RueTheDayTrebek

RueTheDayTrebek New Member

16. TechTinker

TechTinker New Member

So my software update keeps failing, is there a flashboot availabe? I can't find one on Google, unless Razr / D4 is pretty much the same.
  17. komani86

komani86 New Member

Not sure how it eventually picked it up, I had my (rooted) stock rom in the stock slot (VRZ_XT894_6.7.2-180_DR4-16_M2-37_1FF.xml) installed via RSDLite, not sure if that matters?
    I just installed SS3.11 and tried to install this rom over the stock slot and it worked like a charm! I see that my previous msg is a bit scrambled, weird was send from my phone.

Added an GSM patch for JB2.0 btw, it adjusts the build.prop and apns-conf, should work for everyone, the adjustments are below in the build.prop.
    View attachment 61626

@TechTinker: the link I gave you with the utility application did not help? because it should be a flash boot mechanism.
  18. locomotive96

locomotive96 New Member

Did anyone find out how to get the home softkey to work?
  19. TechTinker

TechTinker New Member

sorry I'm on 2.0 now. Myfishbear is there a fix coming for the home key? Seems like my virtual keyboard isn't working either, neither the notification bar. Also how can I quiet or get rid of the boot up sound? I hate having to try to make it as quiet as possible by holding the speaker when I'm in a quiet place.
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2013
  20. audinutt

audinutt New Member

Here is how you remove the boot animation sound
Search tags for this page
droid 4 hd rom
droid 4 multilanguage

droid 4 roms

droid 4 roms 2013

droid4hd

droid4hd vs eclipse
droidforums droid 4