Droid4 Maxx?

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
There will not be d4 maxx. What there will be is an extended battery with replacement cover.

mcharron

Reaction score
The D4, like the RAZR does have a replaceable battery. The cover is only supposed to come off so you can add the wireless charging cover.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

B-Unit

Reaction score
There will not be d4 maxx. What there will be is an extended battery with replacement cover.

The D4, like the RAZR does have a replaceable battery. The cover is only supposed to come off so you can add the wireless charging cover.

I saw the 4 contacts on the back and see a similar scenario. Probably both wireless charging and/or an extended battery that will take the place of the back door.

OP
B

bishoy

Reaction score
I saw the 4 contacts on the back and see a similar scenario. Probably both wireless charging and/or an extended battery that will take the place of the back door.

Well let's hope that either there is an extended battery or a maxx version. I'm going to wait it out to see what verizon and motorola come up with

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score

Have you had both of them in your hand? Doesn't sound like you know what you are talking about. Droid 4, unlike razr has a regular 1750mah replaceable battery like every other moto Droid prior to razr. Razr batteries aren't supposed to be removed by consumer, Droid 4 are.

Leapin'Leemers

Reaction score
Have you had both of them in your hand? Doesn't sound like you know what you are talking about. Droid 4, unlike razr has a regular 1750mah replaceable battery like every other moto Droid prior to razr. Razr batteries aren't supposed to be removed by consumer, Droid 4 are.

No, YOU don't know what you're talking about. I upgraded Droid 4 at noon, on its release date. I'm holding it in my hand and there is no way to remove the battery. It's covered by a plastic coat and hidden underneath this sheath. It explicitly states that it should NOT be removed by consumer. Furthermore, it's a 1785mah battery. You're grossly misinformed.

B-Unit

Reaction score

Have you held held either of them in your hand? LMAO.

BTW, judging by the iFixit teardown of the RAZR (and hopefully, applicable to D4) the battery is indeed 'user replaceable' just not easily swappable. I.E. you cant carry a spare around and slap a charged battery in when your first one runs low, but should your original battery loose some of its ummph in a couple of years, it is possible we can put new batteries in ourselves.

Jon Jon

Reaction score
I'm going to do a mini, personal test, today.

I mean honestly, I don't think the battery life will be too bad. I just picked up my Droid 4 yesterday and I really love it. My Droid X has been acting wonky (probably due to the amount of times I dropped it) and I had an upgrade (plus a keyboard is necessary if you need to type out long e-mails IMO).

So far, it's a great phone.

Also, it is a non-removable battery. Obviously you can do it, but it's not covered under warranty. I thought everyone understood that concept? lol

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
No, YOU don't know what you're talking about. I upgraded Droid 4 at noon, on its release date. I'm holding it in my hand and there is no way to remove the battery. It's covered by a plastic coat and hidden underneath this sheath. It explicitly states that it should NOT be removed by consumer. Furthermore, it's a 1785mah battery. You're grossly misinformed.
you're right. i apologize. was at vzw store yesterday and the rep opened one up right in front of me so i asked him about the battery and that's what he told me. by the time i got it in my hands he already snapped the battery cover on it.