Droid3 Update is Leaked; Adds GTalk with Video, Bug Fixes & More

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Sep 1, 2011.

1. gadgetrants

gadgetrants Senior Member

Ratings:
    +160
    420? Oh gee, you should see my count over at androidtablets.net. I must be sleep-posting over there!

It's interesting that you mention the Motorola forum -- I waited a month after the D1 came out, while I carefully scoured the user experience at the Motorola site. I was AMAZED at how many angry and unhappy people there were. The bugs, as I recalled, were: proximity sensory not working, wifi problems, and muffled call quality. Owners were enraged, and Motorola support was indifferent.

Anyway, I bought the phone, discovered this forum, and never looked back. What struck me, though, was how many more positive owners I found here. I still can't explain the difference, but it was night and day. Maybe it's just "time" -- in other words, the people complaining at Motorola were early adopters with buggy units, while those here had waited a bit longer and by then build quality had gone up. Maybe the difference is "technical savvy." I honestly don't know.

Anyway, I'll take your words of caution pretty seriously. You're not the first owner I've seen with a D3 lemon. :(

-Matt

2. tcrews

tcrews Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +22
    Back on topic with the update.....

It's the same version as others who "by chance" got an OTA a week or so ago. I know of two (one a dev phone, one a replacement phone for a normal retail purchase)

Screenshots of my phone before/after..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. neilrl79

neilrl79 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    So are you confident that there will be an update path beyond this update? Just curious cause that is the one thing holding me back. I don'tbwant to get stuck at this if there is another update coming.