Droid3 Update is Leaked; Adds GTalk with Video, Bug Fixes & More

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Nah, I just get irritated with new people who tell you to look elsewhere when I posted about these issues days after the phone released. On moto blog and here. I mention his post count cause I find it odd to get refereed elsewhere by a newbie..... anyway, 420 you kill it. Id hold off on D3 man. lots of bugs that are down right annoying. Lets hope this new update fixes some of this ish in a month or so...

all love, :)
420? Oh gee, you should see my count over at androidtablets.net. I must be sleep-posting over there!

It's interesting that you mention the Motorola forum -- I waited a month after the D1 came out, while I carefully scoured the user experience at the Motorola site. I was AMAZED at how many angry and unhappy people there were. The bugs, as I recalled, were: proximity sensory not working, wifi problems, and muffled call quality. Owners were enraged, and Motorola support was indifferent.

Anyway, I bought the phone, discovered this forum, and never looked back. What struck me, though, was how many more positive owners I found here. I still can't explain the difference, but it was night and day. Maybe it's just "time" -- in other words, the people complaining at Motorola were early adopters with buggy units, while those here had waited a bit longer and by then build quality had gone up. Maybe the difference is "technical savvy." I honestly don't know.

Anyway, I'll take your words of caution pretty seriously. You're not the first owner I've seen with a D3 lemon. :(

-Matt

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Back on topic with the update.....

It's the same version as others who "by chance" got an OTA a week or so ago. I know of two (one a dev phone, one a replacement phone for a normal retail purchase)

Screenshots of my phone before/after..

before.png

after.png

neilrl79

Reaction score
Back on topic with the update.....

It's the same version as others who "by chance" got an OTA a week or so ago. I know of two (one a dev phone, one a replacement phone for a normal retail purchase)

Screenshots of my phone before/after..

before.png

after.png

So are you confident that there will be an update path beyond this update? Just curious cause that is the one thing holding me back. I don'tbwant to get stuck at this if there is another update coming.