Droid3 / Bionic ???

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, the resolution is 960x540, but that seems large.
Aspect ration is 16x9 I believe. I'm gonna pop open photoshop, see if I can confirm anything.

The_Rick_14

Reaction score
Aspect ration is 16x9 I believe. I'm gonna pop open photoshop, see if I can confirm anything.

The aspect ratio should be 16:9 due to the qHD. 960x540 actually sounds about right. Remember that part of the wallpaper will be on other homescreens.

I'm fairly new to these boards but not new to making wallpapers (I made about 30 for my Droid1). I should be picking up a Droid3 sometime in the next few days and will gladly try to help people get their favorite images on their D3s.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
edited.

D3 rocks....just saying. If the Bionic is based off the D3 then it is going to rock too. I have a feeling that the red hed this year is the X2.

Last edited:

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The aspect ratio should be 16:9 due to the qHD. 960x540 actually sounds about right. Remember that part of the wallpaper will be on other homescreens.

I'm fairly new to these boards but not new to making wallpapers (I made about 30 for my Droid1). I should be picking up a Droid3 sometime in the next few days and will gladly try to help people get their favorite images on their D3s.
Oh yeah, that's true. And sounds good, welcome to the boards and thanks for any help you give!

@nerdslogic - I noticed that too! It's completely awesome that it's beating 4G phones and stuff.

Droidgirl_Dallas

Reaction score
Where has Droid 3 been all this time?

I spent the weekend playing with my Droid 3 and getting my apps together. The only way they could make this phone better is if I could install a Starbuck's app on it to make a cup of coffee. I'm not experiencing the battery issues everyone else is. I have a docking station/charger and it's great that I can still be on the phone while it's charging.

What's a Blackberry? LOL!
dancedroid

otacon

Reaction score
I got the extended battery when I got my D3. The original battery is still wrapped in plastic. Over the past month in my own experience the single thing that drains my battery the most is having wifi on all the time. If I just turn it on when I need it I get a full day of heavy usage on one charge. Having the screen shut off after 15 seconds increased the battery life a lot too. I won't get a Droid Bionic for 2 reasons, no physical keyboard and LTE is going to suck the battery dry. When LTE is integrated on the same chip probably sometime next year I'll upgrade to an LTE device. Until then I'm very happy with my D3. Call quality matches if not better than my BlackBerry and that's saying something. I've only had one random reboot and that was after I went into Task Manager/Running Services and killed a ton of stuff. Probably killed something Android didn't like. It lost service at home for around 2-3 minutes the other day but I blame that on Verizon because it's happened with my BlackBerry too. Leave BlackBerry alone..lol :p

Droidgirl_Dallas

Reaction score
Droid 3 so rocks!

I got two people who are going to a Droid 3 cause they really like my phone. I know it's early but I'm already looking foward to Droid 4 just to see what kind of improvements they are going to do to it. Should be amazing. Just sayin.

Droidgirl_Dallas

Reaction score
Changing notification soundbite

Anybody know how to change the notification soundbite on the Droid 3. It creeps me out everytime I get a message with that male voice saying "Droid" LOL! Do we have a choice to change it...maybe use a musical note or something? I want to have something to let me know when I have new messages just not that creepy voice.

Thanks in advance.

dancedroid

aramos87

Reaction score
Anybody know how to change the notification soundbite on the Droid 3. It creeps me out everytime I get a message with that male voice saying "Droid" LOL! Do we have a choice to change it...maybe use a musical note or something? I want to have something to let me know when I have new messages just not that creepy voice.

Thanks in advance.

dancedroid

Settings > Sound > Notification

OP
darkmatter

darkmatter

Reaction score
Look how close in specs the Droid 3 is to the all mighty Bionic!! not ver many differences, except the obvious ones... which to some dont even matter..

MOTODEV > Products > Compare Motorola Products

Looks like I was even more spot on than I originally thought. I would have figured the Bionic would be the 4460, but it seems to be the same exact chipset as the Droid3 (4430)

*edit

whoa, waitaminute. According to that page, the Bionic doesn't have a standalone GPS. That would put it in the un-buyable category for me. I absolutely must have the stand alone GPS for my job.

Last edited:

CRICH88848

Reaction score
hey

Looks like I was even more spot on than I originally thought. I would have figured the Bionic would be the 4460, but it seems to be the same exact chipset as the Droid3 (4430)

*edit

whoa, waitaminute. According to that page, the Bionic doesn't have a standalone GPS. That would put it in the un-buyable category for me. I absolutely must have the stand alone GPS for my job.

What do you mean by standalone GPS, the definiton of standalone GPS is a device that only does GPS. In that case a phone could never be a stand alone GPS device.

msengul

Reaction score
The bionic is awesome. Never had any.problems and the battery life is great. Very happy with it :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums