Droid3 / Bionic ???

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
My call quality is fine and is the same as my old D1. Also, battery life on this phone is excellent if you turn the GSM radio off and use CDMA only. You're not going to get better battery life on the Bionic with LTE and a larger screen.

Ditto. trouble appears to be having trouble nobody else is reporting. I can see one bum device, but a store batch seems odd.

This is true. Odd, but not unheard of. I've read many reports of great call quality and that's yet to be a complaint I've seen either. I don't doubt he had an issue, but I don't think its inherent to the device.

end of line...

AVNFAM

Reaction score
Just purchased the Droid 3, not happy at all!! Other than the AWFUL BATTERY LIFE the First one sounded like the earpiece was blown so I returned only to get another one that sounded just as bad... the salesman told me "Maybe its just the phone, try suttin else" Exactly what Im doing... Next month I will def be grabbing the Bionic!!!

So far, loving the D3, husband bought one first. Loved it so much, ordered one for myself. dancedroiddancedroid

Droidgirl_Dallas

Reaction score
Droid 3 gets here this week

It's been a while since I've been on. For a while when I first got my Droid 2 I swore I was going back to a Blackberry. It took some time getting used to it, but now seems I'll be getting a Droid 3...sorry Blackberry!

I know battery life is always an issue so I did order an extended battery. Funny thing is Android has not invented a separate charger for your batteries. You still have to have the battery in the phone in order to charge it...strange?

I did my reseach on the Droid 3 so we'll see if it lives up to the hype. Honestly since using an Android I see no reason to buy an iPad. Everything I need to do I can do on my Droid.

dancedroidI'm a happy camper for now.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Glad you came to your senses about Blackberry lol. There actually are battery chargers, I see them on Amazon all the time. You'll definitely like the D3. It's a great device.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

sycomix

Reaction score
got my D3 as upgrade (time renew my contract anyway so i could keep the cool data package, yay grandfathered!) and i have not had a single issue with call audio or entertainment audio. battery life did scare me a bit at first but after about 6-10 charges or so it has improved to almost as long as my D2 lasted. only thing it has done with me is lock up once when i tried to use the camera??? only done that once or twice though, i very dig using the hdmi to watch netflix on a larger screen. i really would have to rate the phone the best i have had so far.

aramos87

Reaction score
Just purchased the Droid 3, not happy at all!! Other than the AWFUL BATTERY LIFE the First one sounded like the earpiece was blown so I returned only to get another one that sounded just as bad... the salesman told me "Maybe its just the phone, try suttin else" Exactly what Im doing... Next month I will def be grabbing the Bionic!!!

Good luck with the battery life on the Bionic if you think the battery life on the D3 is bad, lol. Also you know Li-Ion's take a few cycles with the phone to reach max capacity? My first charge lasted 3-4 hours. A week later, today, I'm at 60% juice left and I've got 10h20m since I've been off the charger. So I could probably go a full day with a regular battery, let alone extended.

People like you are what make it so hard to trust reviews of stuff on the internet.
Completely agree. I hate it. My Droid 3 is great! Besides battery life still not the best(I did get a little over 10hrs light-moderate use before getting it to 5%), I only went through one cycle so far. Also, I'll likely get an extended battery anyway.

To be honest, my first phone call sounded like crap too. But, being more specific, my first call was also with a person who has a horrible Cricket phone from like 2005, 2006. All my other phone calls have been great. :)

On Topic:
I'm hearing a lot of the specs for the Bionic are the same as the D3 for the most part, so to be honest, for me anyway, it really is keyboard vs 4G and bigger screen.

Yeah I totally agree, I had the DROID 2 then the DROID X... then to DROID 3 and I have to say the keyboard is way more useful then a bigger screen, and its easier on the battery. Glad I got this phone, my battery life was short the first few charges but now im at 40% battery with 10 1/2 hours of pretty moderate use... You wont see the Bionic with that kind of battery life...

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
So far I have no complaints. Its fast from the boot, and the keyboard is great.

I have hardly made any typing mistakes whatsoever, compared to on my DX, i'd spend an insane amount of re typing due to errors.

And now my phone fits comfortably in my pocket!!

At first I thought I could never to from a 4.3inch screen to a lower one.
Now I don't think I can go back to 4.3.

Droidgirl_Dallas

Reaction score
Got my Doid 3

Spend the day getting my phone organized. First thing is Motorola needs to come up with an application that allows someone to transfer their apps and info from one Android to another. Today was spend reinstalling all my apps from my Droid 2. What a pain.

I went to the Verizon store have my contacts transferred only to learn once I got home most of my numbers are gone. I had already erased my D2...is there a way to retrieve the missing numbers? The dealer had trouble connecting my Yahoo mail and installed an app called K-9. Problem is K-9 won't let me move my emails into any folders. I have my Facebook account set-up but the phone does not tell me when I have new messages like my other phone. I also lost notifications to my Twitter and Yahoo accounts as well.

Is there a way to set-up a shortcut key on my home screen for sticky notes, or do I have to continue to go to Add and Widgets?

Last concern is can I turn off the noise on my keyboard when I type?

Other than that this is an excellent upgrade from my D2. The resolution is so much clearer and the screen bigger. I also like having a numbers row. Yeah I definitely won't be going back to a Blackberry.

dancedroid

Beka27

Reaction score
Contacts and apps should load back on when you put your gmail account in. Everything is linked thru google.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

LT*

Reaction score
I had no issues reloading apps using the Web Market. Almost all of my Market apps were listed, and the site supports having more than one device attached to your account. I just had to hit install on the website and make sure the D3 was chosen. It sent each app and installed it.

Droidgirl_Dallas

Reaction score
Droid 3 is the best!!!

Sorry to those of you having issues, but my Droid 3 rocks and is far more better than my Droid 2. I got my Gmail account straight and now have all my contacts. Only thing left is to figure out a way to set-up a shortcut key for my sticky notes.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Droidgirl_Dallas

Reaction score
Having trouble opening the cover to your Droid 3?

Removing my cover was hurting my fingers. This morning I tried using a dime to pop it open and what do you know it works.

Thought I'd share.

Have a good one folks.

Droidgirl_Dallas

Reaction score
Droid 3 + Apps isn't working

Wow...so now I can't install any newer apps on my Droid 3. The phone is asking for a Wi-Fi connection. My D2 never asked for a Wi-Fi connection. What's going on here? I have a data package and before that was good enough to install my apps. Doesn't seem to be the case today. I'm not due for an aircard upgrade until next year. All the Wi-Fi connections that were open did not work. I just want to install and upgrade my apps.

Any suggestions? or should I just plan on going back to the Verizon store?

Thanks in advance.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Go to settings> battery & data manager > data saver > and unclick the data saver option. Data saver helps battery by making market, social and other apps do certain things over wifi only.

Droidgirl_Dallas

Reaction score
Droid 3 Wallpaper?

Go to settings> battery & data manager > data saver > and unclick the data saver option. Data saver helps battery by making market, social and other apps do certain things over wifi only.

Thanks Ben...someone else had suggested the same thing and it worked like a charm.

Next up I would like to create a Chicago wallpaper. By any chance do you know the Droid 3 Screen measurement or if anyone on the board has started making D3 wallpaper yet? I checked and I didn't see anything unless I overlooked it.