Droid2 wont recognize SD card

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
it wont give me the option to reformat the 4GB microSD card when i put it in the phone, it doesnt even recognize it. should i put it back in my old phone and format it there?

everstar80

Reaction score
What was your old phone and why aren't you using the 8gb memory card it came with. But I guess you could try to do it with your old phone. Oh, what is the namebrand of the sd card because some of the sd cards wont be recognized by the droid 2. Check with other posters and see what sd cards do and don’t work for your phone.

OP
Montecarlo97z

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
it was a env touch, the phone wont recognize the 8gb card that came with it or the 4gb one.. hmm

everstar80

Reaction score
If you are within the thirty day warranty from the day you purchased it, take it back to Verizon and get a replacement. It sounds like you have a defective phone. There is no reason I can think of of why it wont accept either card. Did you try to root your phone, that may have caused it. Did you go to settings and unmoumt/mount the sd card.

OP
Montecarlo97z

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
figured it out, whoever built the phone put the memory card upside down so after removing it and flipping it over it works now lol