Droid2 vs. iTouch / iPhone

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2' started by malibu3105, Oct 6, 2010.

1. malibu3105

malibu3105 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just got my new Motorola Droid2. I had an iTouch for a few months, purchased it for the MP3 player, and ended up getting lots of Apps. I actually loved that device. Synced perfectly with Outlook, Pictures, Music, everything. I had expected my D2 to have same or similar Apps. But at this point, it's been difficult. Can't find a Pizza Hut app, Dish app, and some apps I see advertised on the net, or in blogs, are hard to find. Just seems unorganized compared to the iTouch that had one place to get the apps. There is a 'Market' app, but even if I search for a specific word like 'dishnetwork' I only find one app written by Keith Taylor. No try first, or free version, and not from Dish. So do I trust this?

I will keep trying it out, but am dissapointed at this point. I also tried to add pictures to my contacts, even though I edit the contact, select a picture, the D2 does not add it.

M.

2. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +0
    The issue you are experiencing with the marketplace could just be that they don't have exactly what you are looking for... yet...

As for the contact photo you could try going into the gallery, selecting the picture you wish to set as a contact id, entering the menu, selecting more, and then set as, and then selecting your contact.

Its possible that you are just adjusting to the learning curve, remember that you have 30 days to return your device. Oh and a side not if you see a paid app in the marketplace and want to test it out you have 24 hours to return it for a refund, and seeing a persons name as the developer is not a bad thing. Some of the best apps out there have been written buy random dudes acting on their own.

3. jimzehner

jimzehner New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Keep searching maybe you got the wrong keyword. Try other keywords when searching it will give you different results.

4. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +0
    Also if I can't find what I'm looking for I do a google search of let's say "is there a dish network app for android?" To see what I find.

5. Dark Lazer

Dark Lazer Active Member

Ratings:
    +74
    The app store for apple has been out much longer than the market on android. Little by little, better quality apps are being added over time. Don't expect to have the same apps within the next few months, but I'm sure it'll get there eventually.

As for the the picture/contact problem, I decided to add a picture to a contact the way you described, and it worked fine, so I can only assume you're not saving after attaching an image to a contact. But it should work.

6. johall07

johall07 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    isnt google supposed to be coming out with the new market online for android and gtv?? i vaguely remember seeing an example of it on the google io thing and it looked like they made some nice changes

7. nonamedude

nonamedude New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Compared to the iphone/itouch market I think the droids is kinda weak. Its easy enough to find apps by using a google search though. Thats what I have done for all of mine.

8. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +0
    And then there's this lol

Attached Files:

• 490.jpg
      490.jpg
      File size:
      56.6 KB
      Views: