1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid2 reception issues

Discussion in 'Droid 2 Tech Issues' started by awalden, Oct 10, 2010.

1. awalden

awalden New Member

Are all verizon towers the same as far as signal output goes? When i'm 50 yards from the tower I only read about -60db on my phone. Is this normal or is it my phone? I have done the* 22899 update with no better results. Also, I have a casio boulder company phone that keeps a signal way better than my droid2.
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

That stuff is only important if you're getting dropped calls. Other then that what your signal strength numbers are really isn't important.
  3. pool_shark

pool_shark New Member

I used to have a ton of dropped calls. The customer service rep said it is a know issue with the D2 but that it was also a problem with other devices in a former Alltel area.
    He had me do a PRL update after he blocked some type of signal having to do with Alltel.
    After he did that my dropped calls went down significantly. I recently did another PRL update and my dropped calls increased.
Search tags for this page

motorola global 2 keeps dropping calls