[DROID2] Liberty ROM - v 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

eqforus5

Reaction score
That might be where you messed up is wiping the dalvik cache. I didn't wipe that and haven't heard of anyone else wiping it either. If you feel up to it try flashing liberty again without wiping the dalvik cache and let me know how it goes. You shouldn't have any problems.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a quick question. I paid the $5 for the new Toolbox when 2.0 was released....does that mean I could up to the GB version and then to the nightlies without incurring another fee?

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com
I have a quick question. I paid the $5 for the new Toolbox when 2.0 was released....does that mean I could up to the GB version and then to the nightlies without incurring another fee?

You already donated and have that version of the toolbox which means if you fire it up, you'll see the files within. Good luck and warp speed!

rmcelroy

Reaction score
so now that the GB version of Liberty is out, does that mean that the Froyo version has pretty much reached end of life? No more updates or whatever for it?

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
so now that the GB version of Liberty is out, does that mean that the Froyo version has pretty much reached end of life? No more updates or whatever for it?

Sort of, yes. Everyone is moving forward to something bigger, better, sleeker, faster, and whatnot. Look at the Eclair. Don't see much mentions of it anymore. But who knows. Some people like Liberty Froyo and want to stay on it a bit longer. If I knew how to tweak these java codes up, I would make some changes on the Libety 2.0.1 ROM myself. But I don't think I would have permission to redistribute it to the Liberty users without Jrummy's consent. I've always wondered and been fascinated by the build up of these codes that make the ROMs and what I could possibly do to tweak it.

Sent from a different galaxy in space...

banana_split

Reaction score
I've already download file,

But I don't know whre to find 'LibertyX/2-X.X.zip' or 'TheameName.zip'

Need more tutorial in this,.
:q

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score

I think you should take the time to do more research on flashing roms and how to SBF if your asking for help on this.

LibertyX/2-X.X.zip - This means you need the correct zip form the first post. Either the zip for the Droid X or the Droid 2.

TheameName.zip - Is a generic name for any theme. Take this theme for example. The part referencing ThemeName.zip is, as it would indicate above the steps, if for Installing themes or Addons like the theme i just linked to.

You can seriously screw up your phone beyond repair by trying to install these things if you have no idea what your doing. Please make sure you understand fully how to flash a rom, flash a theme or add on, and how to SBF(check the droid 2 hacks forum most likley).

EDIT: I see your other post, you might want to clarify on your profile you have the R2D2 version of the Droid 2. It is safe to flash this rom, I believe, but keep in mind you will loose certain things custom on the R2D2 version that I can not recall of the top of my head. You have jumped head over heels in to this with out confirmation it was safe to even flash this. Perhaps you did your research and found something to indicate it was safe, but if not, then again, I emphasize you need to research this further as you seem to be rushing in to this haphazardly and run a higher risk of bricking your phone.

Last edited:

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com

I think you should take the time to do more research on flashing roms and how to SBF if your asking for help on this.

LibertyX/2-X.X.zip - This means you need the correct zip form the first post. Either the zip for the Droid X or the Droid 2.

TheameName.zip - Is a generic name for any theme. Take this theme for example. The part referencing ThemeName.zip is, as it would indicate above the steps, if for Installing themes or Addons like the theme i just linked to.

You can seriously screw up your phone beyond repair by trying to install these things if you have no idea what your doing. Please make sure you understand fully how to flash a rom, flash a theme or add on, and how to SBF(check the droid 2 hacks forum most likley).

EDIT: I see your other post, you might want to clarify on your profile you have the R2D2 version of the Droid 2. It is safe to flash this rom, I believe, but keep in mind you will loose certain things custom on the R2D2 version that I can not recall of the top of my head. You have jumped head over heels in to this with out confirmation it was safe to even flash this. Perhaps you did your research and found something to indicate it was safe, but if not, then again, I emphasize you need to research this further as you seem to be rushing in to this haphazardly and run a higher risk of bricking your phone.
R2Droid2 can handle everything the D2 can, you just lose the bootanimation (unless you retain it or install it later, PM me if you want it), sounds (pm me if you want those as well) and the lockscreen tabs.

btw, thanks for the free advertising, lol!

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
R2Droid2 can handle everything the D2 can, you just lose the bootanimation (unless you retain it or install it later, PM me if you want it), sounds (pm me if you want those as well) and the lockscreen tabs.

Thanks for clarifying. I had the right things in mind but figured it was better not to mention them and possibly be wrong. :p

As for the plug, no problem. Its easy to find as its always on the front page of the liberty forum here, and its what im using as my theme. ;)

banana_split

Reaction score

wow, thanks for the advice,
i really dont want to mess my phone, since i brought it far from us idk if anyone can fix it for me if something happen,

but i still interested in customing rom,
idk yet what could go wrong when flashing rom, because, at least i think i've backd up with bootstrap,
and i still not sure about firmware things, so a lot to prepare before flashing my rom

:D

banana_split

Reaction score

hahaha

i see, but i still havent change anything yet, so i dont know if i need that noisy bootanimation or not,

:D

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
It took me about 3 weeks of research after rooting before flashing liberty and thank god i did cause when my phone locked up i was able to sbf, reroot and try again. Learn all you can and have all the necessary files before flashing (I even practiced with sbf just so I felt prepared in case) It was totally worth it though. Liberty is by far the best rom i've tried so far.

Sent from my liberated DROID2

eqforus5

Reaction score
It took me about 3 weeks of research after rooting before flashing liberty and thank god i did cause when my phone locked up i was able to sbf, reroot and try again. Learn all you can and have all the necessary files before flashing (I even practiced with sbf just so I felt prepared in case) It was totally worth it though. Liberty is by far the best rom i've tried so far.

Sent from my liberated DROID2

I researched for about two weeks as well before I even rooted and it was time well spent. It gave me the knowledge I needed to be comfortable in doing it to begin with even though I was nervous the first time through. It's not that difficult just make sure you do the research first, you will be glad you did later.

banana_split

Reaction score
Plus, I want to know if is it okay to install this rom in my R2D2 without changing my firmware first?

Status
Not open for further replies.