Droid2 heating issues? Anyone got any?

Arakaine

Reaction score
I switched over to the Droid 2 from the Droid. I never had any heat issues with my D1 except when I used it heavily. With the D2 however, it heats up real fast and quite often, even when I'm not using it. I usually keep the phone in my pocket and I'll feel it heat up randomly to the point where I have to take it out and let it sit on the desk to cool off because it's too hot.

Not sure why it does that. It'll also heat up at various points of the day even when it's just sitting on my desk.

OP
P

Panamakevin

Reaction score
I've noticed mine gets hot too, but so did my Droid... I guess hot is a relative term... To me hot is whenever i start feeling heat coming from the phone (35-40 C), downright hot is when its pumping out 40+ temps, which it has done before as well, btu with the D2 i haven't noticed it go over 43... According to my Battery Temp that is...

Arakaine

Reaction score
I haven't looked at the battery temp thing but once it starts to feel like taking a plate out of the microwave and putting it on my leg while I'm working then it's pretty noticeable, lol.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
My D2 seems to run cooler overall than my D1 did...very happy about that so far, haven't noticed any heat issues yet...