Droid2 heating issues? Anyone got any?

Panamakevin

Reaction score
I am just curious because i am debating on switching over to the droid2... I wanted to know if anyone is noticing it gets really hot like the droid1 would... Thanks!

Cylon

Reaction score
Mine and my Wifes Droid 2 gets hot while using.

Cylon

Reaction score
Yes we use ours alot we kill the battery in about 1 1/2hrs or so. Battery sucks!!!

OP
P

Panamakevin

Reaction score
ok, I just now my D1 gets retarded hot... to the point where it can be quite bothersome and sometimes (usually daily it freezes and reboots)

Cylon

Reaction score
Do you have insurance? return it and get the droid 2. My brothers droid 1 broke and they gave him a droid 2 in return.

revision

Reaction score
Average use here, it gets warm and sometimes down-right hot like d1 but i haven't experienced any lockups or anything as of yet.

OP
P

Panamakevin

Reaction score
Do you have insurance? return it and get the droid 2. My brothers droid 1 broke and they gave him a droid 2 in return.

Actually, my D2 arrives tomorrow... I was gonna play with them a little, i just wasn't sure if I want the D2 over the D1...

sziehr

Reaction score
My D2 only really gets hot when navigating in the windshield cradle and plugged into the charger. Of course I'm not sure how much is due to the sun shining on it.

Droid2Doc

Reaction score
My D2 only really gets hot when navigating in the windshield cradle and plugged into the charger. Of course I'm not sure how much is due to the sun shining on it.

same here. it's not just the sun, either. Same thing happens at night. Turning on the GPS radio and having it continously downloading navigation/mapping data via G3 network really heats it up, to the point where the battery can stop charging, and it acts all weird if you cycle the power while the droid2 is in the car dock. Only fix is to pull the battery for a while, even a shft-alt-del won't workshop.

OP
P

Panamakevin

Reaction score
Anyother problems you've noticed? I guess general over heating and rebooting were the biggest concerns, has anyone had issues with it freezing and rebooting/having to reboot?

OP
P

Panamakevin

Reaction score
Got my droid2 today... its tough getting used to it, but I see over time... its pretty nice lookin...

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
only time ive noticed it being hot is tethering which is normal.

i havent had the phone randomly reboot on me yet and ive had it for about 2 weeks now. It froze one time and i had to do a battery pull but it was when i was playing that new game Angry Birds Beta and someone called me. Phone wouldn't let me answer the call and after it stopped ringing the phone just froze but i believe that to be a problem of the game cause its in beta and ive never had that happen any other time

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mine heated up last night when I was playing Home Run Battle 3D. It actually felt like it was overclocking. But I didn't even look at the CPU temperature because I know that these things can get hot when in use and they can take quite a bit of heat.