Droid2 Global and Missing Sync (MarkSpace.com) - sync function gone

sueoc

Reaction score
I have a big problem. When I set up my Droid2 Global in January 2011 I also downloaded Missing Sync from MarkSpace.com. I have used Missing Sync to sync my device via wifi with my Mac computer. Everything was great. My notes and calendar synced, no problem. I use Google email and Google contacts so I didn't care about that part. Terrific.

Last February I upgraded my Mac computer to Mountain Lion and ever since the sync function is gone. Nothing syncs. Doesn't matter how long I run sync, I can run it till the battery drains. Or I can plug in the battery charger and run it all night long. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Missing Sync from/to device and computer at least 6 or 8 times. I have shut down computer and device (including pulling the battery) multiple times. I even did a factory reset of the device, after which by some miracle I did restore notes and at least some calendar to the device. At some point, I can't remember when, every single calendar entry on my device from July 2013 to the end of time vanished, making the calendar on the device just about completely useless. As I write this, I am syncing again with only calendar and notes checked with both set for desktop to overwrite device. I have have multiple contacts with a nice fellow at Missing Sync. Every time he makes a suggestion, I give it a try. Which is why I'm trying to sync with only two things checked and set to have desktop overwrite device.

By the way, this device (it would be imprudent of me to say what I really think of this device) seems to have a mind of it's own: sometimes the sound is turned off or it is on airplane mode, neither of which I selected. And sometimes it freezes, for which the only solution is pulling the battery. I pull the battery several times a week. So maybe this piece of . . . dreck (my son uses the term pos) . . . needs to be replaced. But it's only a little over two years old and gets rather little use. I'm not a heavy user of the device. Why on earth would I want to buy another Motorola device?

Any suggestions, other than get a new device?

Thanks